Budget 90k+ (Budget : 1,50,000) High End PC for gaming and 3D Render, animation, texturing lighting etc.

Niraj Joshi

Recruit
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    NONE (Not worth mention :wtf:)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)NONE (Not worth mention :wtf:)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1155 Core i7 3770 Processor
    • ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard
    • ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 680 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card0
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 850 Watts PSU
    • Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)
    • Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2 (4 in 1) Cooler
    • Deepcool Ice Blade Pro
    • Dell 24 inch LED - U2412 Monitor
    • WD 2 TB Black Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD2002FAEX)
    • LG GH24NS95 DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive
    • Corsair Neutron GTX Series 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (CSSD-N120GBGTX-BK)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    No.. Not for few years ahead.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming (ULTRA)
    • Rendering
    • texturing, lighting, heavy viewport etc (3D ANIMATION Everything)
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • GRAND THEFT AUTO V
      c22e976b-ec0a-e111-98e6-0025902c7e73_14306.png
      (ultra)
    • EVERY UPCOMING GAMES.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x728
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Linux - Mandriva
Hi friends,
I am thinking to build pretty good PC for 1,50,000 /-
The budget is very strict and I can't go above my range. Actually I want to cut cost so I can add pretty good gaming mouse and keyboard.
Requirements :
Code:
1 : Play current and upcoming games on maximum settings.
2 : Heavy rendering in Maya, Max.
3 : Video editing in AFX, Premier Pro etc.
4 : Viewport work in MAX, MAYA with high poly objects.
5 : Heavy job in Mudbox, Zbrush.

OK, I want to guys to edit my config so I can add extra stuff in same budget.

ikvI9JGaMSd7O.png

I can add 10K extra if it's worth your edit.

Monitor, Cabinet, Keyboard & Mouse, Optical Drive, Headphones and you can add webcam.

Thanks. Total Budget : 160,000

My goal is to get better than this in same budget.

NZXT 630 would be better than shinobi xl and you dont have to add any fans to this.
Get the GTX 770 (It is a manufacturer oc'ed 680) at lesser price.
Samsung 840 series/840 pro series are more reliable ssd's.
If you are into competitive gaming consider getting an Asus vulcan pro headset.

1. What is the logic of spending so much money on a case for a professional PC?

2. Why would you choose a Coolermaster Silent Pro when the much better V series has launched?

3. If you're not overclocking, why would you not want the 4th generation processors?

4. Why would you buy a Deepcool cooler when your budget has much better options?

5. If you want to play games at 1920x1080 - the max resolution supported by your monitor - why would you want a GTX680? A 7970 will be cheaper, be better at compute, and use much less power. Plus it will max out every possible game apart from Metro 2033 at your chosen resolution, and comes with more VRAM than the nVidia.

6. Please explain why you would need a Maximus Gene motherboard if you're buying a CPU that does not overclock?

7. You are underestimating the amount of memory you will need for lighting and texture work.8Gb is a mainstream PC, not a 3D optimised build.

This sounds like a very hashed build with no logic at all. I can't understand the logic for component choice. Who made this config for you, a dealer of some sort? This looks like a stock clearing list, not a rationalised component selection.

What I would do:

Monitor: 2713 ~45K, 7970 ~30k, 4770~19k, H87 motherboard ~12k, 32GB memory ~15k (capacity is far more important than speed for you). Seasonic 660W PSU and the cheapest case that will hold and ventilate all of this - a CM N500 is more than sufficient. The build has far less bling but much more utility this way.

Those CM 4 in 1 fans move NO air at all. None. You may as well buy a hand fan. It will be a better investment, cheaper and more effective.

You are not overclocking, so the stock Intel cooler will be more than sufficient. A Hyper 212 Class cooler will save you money and a few degrees in temperatures, but ultimately not worth it.

After totting all of this up, see if you can plan for a X79 and Core Extreme series processor. More cores will help tremendously. As a matter of fact in your chosen application sets, AMd Bulldozer probably makes more sense than Intel because you're doing a lot of multicore lifting, where the 4770 and 8350 are pretty much equal - but the latter is half the platform price.

Different software's work better with different kind of configurations. Gaming is a different scenario altogether.
You were asked questions because you made the configuration.Be thankful to cranky that he posted all the downsides of your configuration.
I dont know much about the resources that software's consume but if you are really into professional work you should look for an 8core processor and may be a quadro card.

@Niraj Joshi Did you just ignore the suggestions given by him after what he said initially? Your PC config selection looks more like a gaming one than one aimed at 3D rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Niraj Joshi Did you just ignore the suggestions given by him after what he said initially? Your PC config selection looks more like a gaming one than one aimed at 3D rendering.

I didn't ignored mate, I researched about it. Actually I didn't liked the part where he didn't mentioned proper way. He just put his answers like he asked me questions.

Anyway thanks for him to give suggestions. If he just put what to buy clearly then it would be better since I took good amount of time to create this thread very properly.

Different software's work better with different kind of configurations. Gaming is a different scenario altogether.
You were asked questions because you made the configuration.Be thankful to cranky that he posted all the downsides of your configuration.
I dont know much about the resources that software's consume but if you are really into professional work you should look for an 8core processor and may be a quadro card.

OK, I will take a look at this. Quadro card are expensive and gaming is not good on them. I want both!

I directly got the configuration from a site. I didn't made this.

He is more experienced in this department, so he would obviously ask your reasoning to choose those components.

Suppose, you still want to stick with that case for personal reasons, even though it might not be the optimal solution, you must clarify it, rather than get into a fight. You are the one seeking help; he could've easily just ignored this thread.

He is more experienced in this department, so he would obviously ask your reasoning to choose those components.

Suppose, you still want to stick with that case for personal reasons, even though it might not be the optimal solution, you must clarify it, rather than get into a fight. You are the one seeking help; he could've easily just ignored this thread.

OK, I apologize for this. I didn't knew about him that's why.

OP why don't you link the page where you got the advice for this rig.

Also I think @terence_fdes can guide you with respect to 3D rigs. He is in the business. As for cranky's tone...don't you get it from his nick :p :) Don't take it to heart. The advice is practical and SOLID!

Welcome to TE @Niraj Joshi, I guess your apology will be accepted in good faith.

One of the first things newcomers to a forum should do is to get familiar with members who respond to your querries, @cranky out here is the seniormost (been around for many years) and has helped hundred's of people sort out various technical issues.

When you are venturing to spend over 150k on your RIG, you need to know the precise reason for picking each and every component (or listen carefully to the advice that is given). You (and other members) can challenge the advice given - provided it is technically sound. We at TE would never advice anything that is irrelevant. We also list the priority that you need to give for each component that will be best suited for your needs.

As I understand if your need is primarily for 3D then the priorities are different [4th gen Intel processor 4770 or an octa core AMD; 16 or 32GB RAM; a Quadro card; 256GB SSD samsung Pro series]
- If your need is primarily for gaming then again the priorities can change [i7-4670 or the K version; 16GB RAM @2133MHz; H87 or Z87 board; 7970GPU; 128GB SSD samsung Pro series]

Power supply - Seasonic X-760w or X-650w [fully modular & Gold+ rating] = do not settle for any other brand.

Cheers
Terry

@cranky, I am here to get help. You are asking me questions! If I knew what the hell you just said, why would I even bothered to post the thread here? If you can't help then you should not even reply.

Because I needed to understand your logic for picking this particular configuration. As mentioned, it looks like a blingy gamer configuration rather than a work machine, whereas the thread title seems to focus on the work bit. If I don't know what a rig is used for it becomes very difficult to suggest the components. Also, this looks like a stock clearance list so I need to know if this is something you came up with, or was suggested by a dealer/assembler. None of the components are current, and the mix is quite messy. I've already posted a suggestion in the earlier post if you care to read it properly.

If you're not willing to entertain questions, then probably this isn't the right thread for me to post on. My earlier reply should suffice and you can take all other suggestions on board.

Good Luck with your build.

Geforce 680 is the most rubbish card out there for any sort of pro 3d work. Buy a Quadro or a Fire Pro. The latter is good for gaming as well.

OK then, here are my new specs.
Graphics Card : GTX 770 2GB (Asus, Gigabyte or Zotac?) (Which one should I buy?)

Processor : Intel core i7 4770K 3.5gHz
Motherboard : MSI Z87-GD65
RAM : G-Skill DDR3 16 GB
PSU : Seasonic X-850 Gold
Cabinet : Which one should I buy? Options : Storm Trooper, HAF 932, HAF X
HardDrive : WD Black 2 TB
Opticle : LG Blueray or DVD?
SSD : Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB
Liquid Cooling : H100i corsair

Now please suggest me things so I can pack everything in 1,50,000/-

Motherboard : Asus Maximus Vi hero ( check our review ON TPU)
RAM : G-Skill DDR3 16 GB ( 1866)
PSU : CORSAIR AX1200 ( Sumonpatak is selling @ 15K )
Cabinet : HAF X OR COSMOS MINI ( COMING SOON )
HardDrive : WD Black 2 TB + 128GB SSD ( CORSAIR OR ELSE BETTER BRAND )
Opticle : LG Blueray
GPU : ONLY ASUS 2 760 GTX OCII ( also check review on TPU ) Beasts GTX TITAN :)

Motherboard : Asus Maximus Vi hero ( check our review ON TPU)
RAM : G-Skill DDR3 16 GB ( 1866)
PSU : CORSAIR AX1200 ( Sumonpatak is selling @ 15K )
Cabinet : HAF X OR COSMOS MINI ( COMING SOON )
HardDrive : WD Black 2 TB + 128GB SSD ( CORSAIR OR ELSE BETTER BRAND )
Opticle : LG Blueray
GPU : ONLY ASUS 2 760 GTX OCII ( also check review on TPU ) Beasts GTX TITAN :)

Thanks man but your recommended GPU is going out of budget! :p
I have budget of 1,50,000 only including monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc.

Back