Budget - 35k, Hardware- i3, 500 GB, 4GB Ram, GPU

Singam

Disciple
Hi All,

• What's your Budget?

Maximum 35K, And will Be buying from Mumbai so which suitable place for best Deal?
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?

Web surfing, Office apps, Casual Gaming, HD Movies.
  • Minimum Hardware

i3, 500 GB Hard disk, 4 GB DDR3, Dedicated GPU, 1.3MP Camera, VGA, HDMI port, USB 3.0, Windows 7 Preinstalled, anything more is welcomed.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have?

Would be a desktop replacement and ultraportable would be nice.
  • Any other considerations?

Too good Battery life (7 hrs), Good Cooling, no more upgrades for next 5 years.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?

Nope. Should have good service network, so if any issue crops up it can be done away easily. The laptop is for my uncle who is in army, don't want any scolding from an Army Man, so my life last long ! :p

The Acer Aspire 5830TG Notebook Looks :cool2:

You can get a toshiba based laptop with a 2nd gen core i3 processor, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM for as low as 25~26k from flipkart.om

The only downside is it does not have Windows 7 pre installed.

harishgayatri said:
You can get a toshiba based laptop with a 2nd gen core i3 processor, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM for as low as 25~26k from flipkart.om

The only downside is it does not have Windows 7 pre installed.

Thanks for reply!

He does want a dedicated graphics card, so thinking of these

Lenovo IdeaPad Z Series Z570

HP Pavilion G6 Series G6 - 1117tx

Aspire TimelineX AS5830TG with i3

Samsung RV NP-RV518-S01IN

Asus A53SJ

Was thinking of going with laptop with 2GB RAM as there are plenty, and upgrade it to 4. Likewise go for a non OS one.

More inclined towards Aspire timelineX for its battery life! ;)

Guru's your views pls, And why isn't there a "TE laptop buying Guide -August 2011", like one we have here for PC's.

get the timeline series. Check notebookcheck. Excellent battery life and cool looking too:) It is the best option in budget for your requirements.

Mate, Aspire 5830 TG is a good choice, but with a dedicated GeForce GT 540M GPu with 1 GB VRAM, the price is in the range of 39k to 41k.
As far as I am aware, 7 hour battery life and a dedicated GPU don't go hand in hand with a budget of under 35k.

USB 3: Considering the future, it will be good, but we don't actually get to see too many USB 3 devices floating around.

Consider MSI CX480

2nd Generation Intel® Core ™ i5 Processor
14" HD,Glare (1366x768)
Intel HM65 chipset
NV GT520M with dedicated 1G DDR3,
DDR III 2GB+1GB
500GB (SATA)
1.3M webcam
Super Multi 802.11 b/g/n
6 cell Battery
2 Year Warranty

Sleek and Sexy design: MSI Global ? Notebook - CX480

Check that out mate.. You should be able to get it under 34k. Comes in with a 2 year Warranty (other brands provide only 1 year std warranty).

and I forgot to add that it has USB 3 and almost 6-7 hours of battery backup...:)

Back