Budget 71-90K [Budget 40 to 80K] 30+ inch gaming monitor recommendations

buBleZ

Skilled
Folks,
I am in the process of upgrading my gaming PC and looking for monitor upgrade recommendations. Following is the config

AMD Ryzen 3800X
Gigabyte B550 Aorus master
Geforce 1080 Ti(sold) -> RTX 3080(to buy)

Requirements
1) 30" inch or greater
2) Nvidia gsync compatible
3) 120Hz or greater refresh rate.
4) preferring 1440p instead of 4K so that I get more life out of the GPU
5) Curved surface is a plus
6) Budget 40K to 80K.

I came across these monitors in Amazon. Any feedbacks?

Thanks

Last edited:
I would strongly suggest going with an IPS panel display at that price... I saw the Acer model you suggested in action a couple of months back in one of the local shops here in Bangalore, I liked it. Also, at that shop, I think they quoted a price of around 55k for this model.. this price on Amazon is way more expensive...

I would strongly suggest going with an IPS panel display at that price... I saw the Acer model you suggested in action a couple of months back in one of the local shops here in Bangalore, I liked it. Also, at that shop, I think they quoted a price of around 55k for this model.. this price on Amazon is way more expensive...

Acer X34 is IPS panel. Can you let me know the shop name in Bangalore? 55K is quite a steal even lesser than US $ price converted

Acer X34 is IPS panel. Can you let me know the shop name in Bangalore? 55K is quite a steal even lesser than US $ price converted

I saw an Acer Predator model which I 'think' is the same model as you mentioned but honestly am not sure. I purchased my rig from Super Computers which I felt is the most legitimate shop there which had the most variety and stock. However, this monitor I saw in some other shop which I don't remember now. You can check with Super Computers though. Let me know if you need their mob #

You got PM. Acer model naming convention is quite confusing with so many characters and with big differences for a change on one of the characters

The video says go for a 240Hz monitor instead of 144Hz. But is it going to be discernible to a casual user?
Mate no casual user would spend 80K on a monitor to play with RTX3080 :) But If you're fixated on 32"+ IPS ultrawide Monitor then 240Hz isn't going to be relevant to you. Those 32" 240Hz IPS panel are expected next year and going to cost an upward of 2k USD.

I've been using Korean 90Hz 1440P monitor last 5 years (DVI-D only) so I'm looking to buy either LG/Dell 27" 144Hz/165Hz 1440P IPS monitor under 40K soon.

So what do you recommend for me? Yes I am fixed on a ultrawide IPS 30" plus high refresh monitor that fits my budget not necessarily crazy ones like 175, 200 etc.
I generally keep my stuff for 7 to 10 years and hence the budget to go for high end as much as possible

Last edited:
There are some monitors going to be launched soon like the gigabyte m series which will go with lg g850 and ASUS Tuf series. I think waiting will be worth it.

Also is it worth spending around 80k on one monitor then that of buying any of the above or even 2 of them ?

There are some monitors going to be launched soon like the gigabyte m series which will go with lg g850 and ASUS Tuf series. I think waiting will be worth it.

Also is it worth spending around 80k on one monitor then that of buying any of the above or even 2 of them ?

I was running 3x 24" 1900x1200 monitors in eyefinity mode for over 7 years till now. This was because at those times we didn't have higher resolution or bigger monitors. Now this has become old and more than that I would like to avoid ugly bezels going forward. In my opinion having 2 monitors with a bezel right in the middle is most ugly

So what do you recommend for me? Yes I am fixed on a ultrawide IPS 30" plus high refresh monitor that fits my budget not necessarily crazy ones like 175, 200 etc.
I generally keep my stuff for 7 to 10 years and hence the budget to go for high end as much as possible
Almost every monitor including the one Acer Predator you shortlisted going to get an upgrade next year (The Predator X34 S). You can also consider the LG 34GN850 as suggested by HWUnboxed video, but always check out multiple reveiws.
https://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitor/lg-34GN850-B (New model)

Review:

I personally like Dell monitors for its build quality & 3 years warranty but they cost way higher esp ultrawides are out of your budget.

Agree with you on Dell. The prices on Alienware models are crazy. I was searching for LG 34GN850 online in India based on the video. I couldn't find any. Should I check with local resellers?

Wait for sometime if you can, i am hoping that vendors will be adding support for HDMI 2.1 in monitors soon.

Back