Audio Budget 5.1 Speakers with optical/digital input

newway01

Disciple
I am looking for some budget 5.1 speakers to use with PS3 and Samsung 40" LCD. Both have digital/coaxial outputs, so I guess it would be better to go for some speakers that has these input options rather than plain old audio jack. Dont have the budget to go for HT's with HDMI input (Is there any available under 10k?)

So what are some of the speakers out there that meets my requirement. My budget would be in the range of 5-8k.

Very few HTIBs in that price range offer a digital input. I recall that Panasonic had a model with a toslink input in one of the DVD based HTIB systems retailing under 10k. But this was almost an year back. There may be newer models from other manufacturers as well but I do not suppose they retail for under 8k. Consider Philips as well - I am using a Philips HTIB system (has both coaxial and toslink inputs) since the last 3 years and have been satisfied with the performance. Paid 16k back then.

Here is one model that has both the inputs and retails for 10k. Might be cheaper in a B&M store - http://www.philips.co.in/c/home-the...=B86FD37717AA51DE65E02CC6A936F88D.app102-drp4

Logitech has the Z906 model, the successor to Z5500 which has a separate receiver that has 2 toslink inputs and 1 coaxial input. Decent performance for movies and games in 14k and thereabouts.

There are already couple of threads having the very same discussion..... you can refer to them instead of just starting new threads for exact same topics which have been discussed before....
You will find better answers there ready for your reference.....
BTW Logitech Z906 would be a good fit if you could increase ur budget...
I am using it and find it very good....

Back