Budget 41-50k Budget 50k gaming pc

akram

Recruit
Need help in building a mid-range gaming pc

I'm a first time builder and i live in india. I'm planning to build a gaming pc. I want to play all the recent games at medium/high settings however I'm confused about the graphics card. I also need suggestion whether this build requires a cpu cooler. Here is the config.

Processor : Intel Core i5 4440
Mobo : Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Ram : Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz
Graphics : AMD Raedon r9270x (or) gigabyte 960 gtx G1 gaming 2 gb ddr5 (or) zotac gtx 960 amp ediiton
PSU : Antec VP550
Cabinet : Corsair SPEC 01
HDD : WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Please advice.

Any information much appreciated.

Regards,

Akram,

1. What is your budget?
    • 45k-5k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NONE
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Processor : Intel Core i5 444
    • Mobo : Gigabyte B85M-D3H
    • Ram : Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz
    • Graphics : AMD Raedon r9270x (or) gigabyte 960 gtx G1 gaming 2 gb ddr5 (or) zotac gtx 960 amp ediiton
    • PSU : Antec VP550
    • Cabinet : Corsair SPEC 01
    • HDD : WD Caviar Blue 1TB
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 2 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Hyderabad / CTC
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • NO
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming(gta 5)
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • GTA 5
    • The Witcher
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Full HD 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited:
I got together the exact same build last year except for
GPU : R9 280x
Cabinet : Cooler Master HAFXB
PSU : Corsair VS650

for the psu you have selected I'd recommend you to try get the GTX960 as it has much lower TDP than the 270x. And also make sure you buy the WD blue as most of the local shops will try to sell you the WD green instead.

• Processor : Intel Core i5 4440 -12500,
  • Mobo : Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
  • Ram : Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz -3800.
  • Graphics : Asus Strix GTX960 2GB -16500,
  • PSU : Antec VP500PC -3400,
  • Cabinet : Corsair SPEC-01 -3700,
  • HDD : WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3600.
  • TOTAL -49,000.

your build is great, just 2 things
1) swap antec for a seasonic s12 520w psu (much much better quality than antec or corsair)
2) between the 270x and the 960 get the 960 hands down - it's waaaaay faster (it competes with the r9 280)

and as neo anderson stated earlier get the wd blue as the green is only a 5400rpm drive. the blue, red and black series are 7200rpm.

Back