Less than 10K Budget android smartphone

Anirban B

Recruit
Hey,I'm from India and still using Nokia 6070. (Imagine!) Had a Galaxy Y. Got stolen. Whatever,wanna a buy budget smartphone within 1 month for $170 or 10K in INR(approx). What should I go for? The thing is that I got eyes on Lenovo K3 Note. Is it going to be launched in India that soon? Just suggest me one. Baffled.

You've got Yu Yureka, Asus Zenfone 5 and Redmi Note as the top 3 phones in this segment if Android's your thing. Make your requirements more clear by using the above mentioned template.

1. Budget?
A: 10k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: IPS with BETTER PPI
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Dislike-Xiomi,Micromax
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Front 8/13MP camera. Front- 5mp/2mp
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: LTE
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Flash strobing,mail,taking note blah blah blah
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
Lenovo A7000 or K3 Note (not sure about the launch)

Asus Zenphone 5 ticks most requirements. About LTE/4G as requirement, I am not sure how soon this is going to be mainstream - read affordable. I would better suggest get one without it now, use it for couple of years and upgrade later when more phones are available with 4G and providers also have realistic rates.

Don't know about the the lenovo launch but Yu yureka and Redmi Note fulfill your requirements perfectly but since yo're averse to these brands Asus Zenfone 5 can be a good option.

Asus Zenphone 5 ticks most requirements. About LTE/4G as requirement, I am not sure how soon this is going to be mainstream - read affordable. I would better suggest get one without it now, use it for couple of years and upgrade later when more phones are available with 4G and providers also have realistic rates.
Why is 4G not affordable? Airtel offer 4G at 3G rates in Bangalore and at times 4G is cheaper than 3G! (In some corporate plans)
http://www.airtel.in/4g/
Airtel offers 3G/4G at the exact same price.

If you can't wait for Lenovo A7000 then the Honor 4x. Else wait for the A7000. Seems to be a interesting choice in that budget range.

Back