Budget earphone with mic for under 600rs and 1000rs.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Last edited:
If the issue is with eartips, why dont you buy new eartips?

My personal experience with below cheap headphones:
Boat Bassheads 100 - 1 side stopped working after 1 yr. Used daily
JBL-C50HI - 1 side stopped working after 1 year. Used daily
Siyndmagic es11s - 1 side stopped working in 6 months. Used rarely(weekends)
Sennheiser cx180 street II - cable broke around 6 months.
1more piston fit - currently working. around 2 yrs old. Cable at a stage of breaking any moment - used rarely.(weekends)

If the issue is with eartips, why dont you buy new eartips?
The sound was also very "flat" (I don't know how to put it into words) and I didn't like it at all. I don't know how the hell it managed to get so many positive reviews online. That was also the only reason why my little brother ordered it.
Cheap earphones lasting a year is quite good imo.
And the CX180 doesn't have a mic. I've must have bought two of it for others. It didn't have a mic so I got another Sennheiser earphone which I paid about 1500rs on a sale season and the cable tore.
How long is the cable of the cheap boat and how's the bass? I might just go for that one for temporary use.

I had briefly tried my nephew's jbl c50 and it was decent for 500 bucks.

Also cables fail sooner if people tug on them to remove the earphones. Never pull on the cables!

How long is the cable of the cheap boat and how's the bass? I might just go for that one for temporary use.
Cable is of normal length that you get with most earphones. Overall the sound quality was very average on the Boat.
I wanted to share my personal experience with regards to the earphones I have used. 1More has given a good experience and I bought them more than 2 yrs ago.

Look at suggestions made by @Rockfella as well. They may be better value than 1More for the price.

Also cables fail sooner if people tug on them to remove the earphones. Never pull on the cables!
Agreed, unfortunately I have habit of always pulling my earphones from my ears holding their wires. I also used to keep my phone in my pocket while listening which may have damaged the 3.5mm Connector to Wire connection on some of the headphones causing the failures.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.
Btw while we're at it do you guys have any recommendation for a good wireless neckband earphone with mic for say max 2k? Just curious. I'm seeing a lot of similar looking models and was wondering if it's just a rebrand of one another.

Realme Buds 2 better then Mi dual drivers? Really?? Anyone here who has owned both? Give feedback please.
The Sennheiser CX180 is very good for one without a mic.

I bought the realme buds 2. Straight out of the box they sound good. Bass is bit too high and muddy I feel. Mids and High notes need to be enhanced in eq. Mids and High are somewhat dull. Sound stage is okay for a ₹599 earbuds. Button click feels bad. Like I'm crushing it. Makes that plastic clack sound on every press.

Edit: Mid and High soundstage is lacking in this a lot after listening to some favourite songs of mine. No ear pain like some reviews. But head pains if we listen to too high volume on this. I'm listening on <20 out of 100 volume on my phone now.
If you're used to Sony earphones you won't like this.

Last edited:
I ordered the Basic one. If it's not as good then I'll return it right away then get the Dual drivers. We'll see. I don't like the Buds though.
Btw I'm no audiophile but it seems that people posts 5* reviews on fk/Amazon just because the product works lol. And I don't think that this is good for audio products and power supplies.

Can't take him seriously talking about IEMs
Ha ha. So true. I'm no audiophile but even I could make out these earphones aren't that good as the hype they're getting. The one good thing about these is the fat braided cable. Sony and Sennheiser should do that to their earphones.

Ha ha. So true. I'm no audiophile but even I could make out these earphones aren't that good as the hype they're getting. The one good thing about these is the fat braided cable. Sony and Sennheiser should do that to their earphones.
He's a joker . The dual driver MI is really good. I got 3 of them. Cable is braided too. Sony and other popular brands won't give MI quality at MI price point. They're too big for that.
Update: The dual driver model can be a bit big for some ears.

Last edited:
I tried these realme buds with fiio q1 dac and the quality of audio improved really good. These are 32ohm earphones so maybe the phone was not driving them properly.
He's a joker . The dual driver MI is really good. I got 3 if them. Cable is braided too. Sony and other popular brands won't give MI quality at MI price point. They're too big for that.
All the big companies like to shaft their customers. I was tempted to buy a JBL wireless earphones in sale for 899 but found out it doesn't support aptx or other good codecs. Just sbc.

I tried these realme buds with fiio q1 dac and the quality of audio improved really good. These are 32ohm earphones so maybe the phone was not driving them properly.

All the big companies like to shaft their customers. I was tempted to buy a JBL wireless earphones in sale for 899 but found out it doesn't support aptx or other good codecs. Just sbc.
Did he mention that in the video?

Back