Budget hotel in Chandigarh

Aces170

ex-Mod
A couple of friends and me are planning to stop-over for a night in Chandigarh, before moving on to Dharamshala. Can locals suggest some decent hotel at a budget of INR 2-2.5k per room?

nitmeh3 said:
Clarkes Inn at Ranjit Avenue.

Ranjit Avenue? There's no such thing in Chandigarh.

You may check out hotels in sector 35, and sector 43.

Almost all the hotels like Maya Palace (sec35), Western court (sec43) and their neighboring hotels are decent for stopover.

And would recommend on-the-spot booking to avoid hassles. Many good hotels are located on the Sector-35/Sector34 dividing road stretch which extends to sector43/Sector44 dividing road.

Also, there are many good restaurants on this 2km stretch of road which is one of the most enjoyable areas in Chandigarh.

Another plus point (incase you travelling by bus), all buses to Dharamshala leave from Sector 43 ISBT.

The road lies between the two ISBTs in Chandigarh.

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en...=0.052903,0.090895&vpsrc=6&doflg=ptk&t=m&z=14

Incase you need any info regarding anything around, feel free to drop a PM.

You can try Hotel Aroma in Sector-22 Chandigarh, right in the city centre. One of the oldest and finest. ~ Rs.2.2-2.3K per night. BTW, Chandigarh also houses Taj & Mount View for higher budget if permitted.

The last time I was in Chandigarh I stayed at Kapil Dev's hotel, 'Kaptains Retreat' in Sec 35. It was comfortable and full of cricket memrobilia. It fits in your budget.

You could also try hotel park view sector 24, away from the city rush.
OR shivalikview in Sector 17, the biggest marketplace in the region (if you have a couple of hours to roam about)

But most hotels are in Sec35, and also cheaper hotels are there in sec34 market.

If you just want to crash in for a night or so hotel is not the best place.

Try and consider dharamshala located at Sector 15. Don't just go by its name, its actually very quaint and better place to crash in, and its cheap as well.

Metalspree said:
How can it be unpopular when Lynx- India HQ is located there :p.
Yeah that place is like WTC in Chandigarh:rofl:
vijayshimla said:
Sood Dharamsala Sector 22 Chandigarh might be the best bet-
A.C. deluxe rooms for Rs 600 per night- neat and quite clean.
Subject to availability of rooms;)

sorry to bump your thread aces but i also have the same requirement.. a good budget hotel within 4k located near PGI but not compulsory.. help please..

Thanks for the help folks. Have booked rooms at Maryland for 3.5k (including breakfast). Need help to book Tata Innova from Chandigarh, help here would be appreciated.

Back