Budget 31-40k Budget laptop for heavy browsing and excel

dash2009

Disciple
Hey guys, I am looking for a budget laptop around or under 30k. My main workload is browsing and excel use, I generally have 10+ chrome tabs open at a time with a youtube stream running along with couple excel sheets being worked on. And maybe just maybe very casual lite gaming like aoe3, palworlds or cs2 (Not a necessity as I already have a gaming system but can be good to have).

My eyes are on "Acer Aspire Lite AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Premium Thin and Light Laptop (16 GB RAM/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) AL15-41, 39.62 cm (15.6") Full HD Display, Metal Body, Steel Gray, 1.59 KG" Currently available for 30.5k in ongoing sale.

Seems to check all my required boxes. Is there something better available?

Please suggest.

lenovo v series do between 28-32k.
biggest downside is TN panel and washed up colours but that is also same across its competitors in this price range.
something like this
i have one with 5500u and it had an empty slot for ddr4 ram , do check if thats the case with ddr5 modules.
Thanks for the suggestion, Does your Lenovo V have a 2.5 inch slot or empty m.2 slot for storage expansion? And does it support PD charging?

Thanks for the suggestion, Does your Lenovo V have a 2.5 inch slot or empty m.2 slot for storage expansion? And does it support PD charging?
No pd charging in sub 30k laptops at least i couldnt find one last year.
You get a type c port for data transfer.
Mine does have a 2.5 slot but you will have to buy the connector from lenovo seperately .
The m2 slot is used by default nvme laptop comes with.

No pd charging in sub 30k laptops at least i couldnt find one last year.
You get a type c port for data transfer.
Mine does have a 2.5 slot but you will have to buy the connector from lenovo seperately .
The m2 slot is used by default nvme laptop comes with.
After looking at the benchmarks it seems 5500U is much better processor than 7320U in terms of both CPU and GPU Power.

Acer has 16GB of RAM vs 8GB in Lenovo
Acer has 5500U vs 7320U in Lenovo
Acer one is 30.5k and Lenovo one is 26k in current sale.

I think spending an extra 4.5k for 8GB extra RAM and a much powerful processor makes sense. Your thoughts?

Lenovo also has a 5500U variant albeit with 8GB RAM but it costs 32k+.

After looking at the benchmarks it seems 5500U is much better processor than 7320U in terms of both CPU and GPU Power.

Acer has 16GB of RAM vs 8GB in Lenovo
Acer has 5500U vs 7320U in Lenovo
Acer one is 30.5k and Lenovo one is 26k in current sale.

I think spending an extra 4.5k for 8GB extra RAM and a much powerful processor makes sense. Your thoughts?

Lenovo also has a 5500U variant albeit with 8GB RAM but it costs 32k+.
Yes price wise acer does make more sense.

That video appears to have the 7320U testing limited by RAM. If all else is not equal you can't get reliable results from whatever test runs you do.
Not saying 5500U is not more powerful, just that that video is not a good source to base your decision on.

That video appears to have the 7320U testing limited by RAM. If all else is not equal you can't get reliable results from whatever test runs you do.
Not saying 5500U is not more powerful, just that that video is not a good source to base your decision on.
Good catch, but in the same video there is 7520U as well, which has the same iGPU as 7320U "Radeon 610M", It's equipped with 16GB RAM just like 5500U, but it's performing much inferior compared to 5500U and pretty much in line with 7320U with 8GB RAM.

is Type C Charging Port is good and have some advantages over old type charging pin/point and must for latest laptop purchase?

Back