Graphic Cards Budget Offering for Old system

LaatSahab

Skilled
My Desktop's config is as below (DxDiag dump). Powering all this is a Cooler Master 350W PSU;
Now as it has no PCIe power connector so any GPU upgrade will be limited to ones not requiring extra power. So given the configuration and these limitations, Can I get a non-extra power requiring GPU in budget of 10K that can run games such as Valhalla and Cyberpunk at 1920x1080 @30FPS at Medium settings.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 170
Cannot upgrade CPU. Because if I have to invest in upgrades then I'd rather get a console. Looking for something that gets the job done within such constraints. As gameplay matters more to me, I'm not looking for full graphic glory @ 60FPS.

Cyberpunk isn't even reaching a constant 30 fps on medium settings on an rx 570 atm due to VRAM constraints. Your pentium g2010 is also way too weak to even be used. 2 cores and 2 threads is just enough for basic day to day usage at this point, i wouldn't even think of running any new game on it unless you upgrade it to a 4 core 8 thread cpu like an i7 3770 or a xeon alternative. Your ram, although not bad at 8 gigs will also lead to stuttering with both of your said games since they seem to take up more than 8 gigs at minimum. I would honestly just look into a console then if you're not willing to upgrade your cpu. It would simply be a waste of money.
I know that what you said that you want is just a constant 30fps at medium settings, but believe me when i say that medium settings is so much more demanding than you think in singleplayer games these days.

Mine is actually almost the same, just that it's an e3 1230 v2 with multi threading. Would have recommended you to absolutely go for it if it was the same as mine, it would still be a bigger improvement compared to your pentium but 4 cores and 4 threads just doesn't cut it these days. If it were any other year before 2020, i would have told you to check out xeon ivy bridge processors on aliexpress etc but i assume you also know how the situation is now (No free shipping/exhorbant shipping prices, lack of options, customs problems etc)

Can a 350w psu handle it though?
atleast 400W will be needed - one more thing to look into consideration is number of devices that will consume power (like HDDs) if you have more HDDs, power consuming PCI/e cards - it is bound to take a toll on PSU and 450-500w will be needed then

Can a 350w psu handle it though?
Easily. I run a 1650, 750ti on a 300W for 5+ years . I have 3 SSD/HDD , 3 full time usb dongles as well.
Most people overestimate PSU requirements. There is a good PSU calculator, that will tell you exactly if it can handle

Last edited:
Would it i5 8500 be compatible with my Motherboard and suffice my need?
Not one bit. That is an 8th gen CPU and your mobo is compatible only with 2nd gen and 3rd gen.

Decided yet? Do calculate the used hardware price. In my calculation a decent used hardware with 8th gen i5 and 1650 would come around to 30k which is close to Series S.

Back