PC Peripherals Budget wired mouse for big hands

mayank0623

Disciple
I'm looking for a budget wired mouse fit for large hands. According to the Razer mouse buying guide my hand size (8.1" x 5") is fit for large mice, but their recommendations are all for expensive gaming mice, when all I'm looking for is something I can comfortably grip for a long time without my palm aching, for office/school work. Preferably within 1k, but I'm willing to go to 1.5k if needed. My normal grip type is claw, but I'm also comfortable with the palm type grip. The main feature I'm looking for here is comfort, my current mouse is approximately 4"x2"x2" and my palm starts aching within half an hour of using it, mostly due to the awkward curvature of the palm and fingers because there's not enough place on the mouse to rest my hand properly.

check out logitech G402 / or any Logitech mouse.

also razer = overpriced flimsy product, had used razer for a decade starting when it was not even used to available in India, has used every shit by them blindly - diamondback, copperhead, deathadder, krait, and what not. Every piece died within 12-18 months. and was RMA'ed/replaced/thrown.

then someone here in TE recommended G402, got that i believe ~2015-16 - still going strong.

Preferably within 1k, but I'm willing to go to 1.5k if needed.

Palm grip, entry level gaming grade sensor, same as Corsair harpoon. RGB, macro etc. Personally I was fedup of buying expensive mice and ending up with double click or scroll wheel issue, looking at you logitech, so I went for this. Weight is on the heavier side, if you don't like it you can make it lighter by removing additional metal stuck inside to make it heavy which I did. It's still not as light as G102 though, definitely above 110g.

I've previously used another Live Tech mouse (Vulcan) and it lasted a long time for me (2 years for just 500 INR) and it still works fine so I went ahead with this and I'm satisfied.

The steel pads at the bottom are amazing and you get additional pads in the box too (normal Teflon like other mice) which you can swap out steel for.

also razer = overpriced flimsy product, had used razer for a decade starting when it was not even used to available in India, has used every shit by them blindly - diamondback, copperhead, deathadder, krait, and what not. Every piece died within 12-18 months. and was RMA'ed/replaced/thrown.

then someone here in TE recommended G402, got that i believe ~2015-16 - still going strong.

+1 for G402. Best for people with medium to large hands who prefer palm grip in the budget. It's worth stretching the budget to 2k for it.
If it lasts as long as @Ramadhir Singh 's one did I wouldn't mind going to 2k, but if possible is it safe to buy it 2nd hand at a reduced cost? Only need it to work for 3 years, after that I'll be able to buy something else if it stops working

Edit: Amazon has one renewed at 1.6k. Is that a good deal?

Last edited:
I've decided to buy the renewed g402
Renewed is available ~1600/- where as new 2295/- in amzn.

Only need it to work for 3 years,
not trying to be advocate of this mouse, but i had played fortnight 3 seasons back to back with this mouse, with the intensity i played other might have not survived.

scroll, function buttons , left/right click 100% fine, once i developed middle-click issue but looks like it somehow self-repaired gradually itself in 6 month, it works perfect 95% of time, remaining 5% either it didn't click or double click. .
And since i no longer play any battle royale, i don't use middle button click much... its still my reload binding for tf2 and never troubles me.

not trying to be advocate of this mouse, but i had played fortnight 3 seasons back to back with this mouse, with the intensity i played other might have not survived.

scroll, function buttons , left/right click 100% fine, once i developed middle-click issue but looks like it somehow self-repaired gradually itself in 6 month , and since i no longer play any battle royale, i don't use middle button click much. but it work perfect 95% of time, remaining 5% either it didn't click or double click.
That is music to my ears. Let's hope my renewed piece doesn't come with any issues out of the box, because like I've stated I only need it for light office/college work, so there wouldn't be too much stress on it.

I totally agree with you here. Logitech is way better than Razer. Currently using an MX Master 3 and love it!

Update: Mouse was delivered at 8 in the morning. Been using it for 3 hours now. It's still a bit small for my gorilla palms but definitely a lot better than my previous mouse. The main issue I was facing was the awkward curvature of my palms causing pain after half an hour of continuous usage, but with this one I'm still not feeling that much pain even after 3 hours. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions, this was definitely worth it :D

I'm having a weird problem with this mouse, seems like the right click gets triggered too easily, even when I'm only resting my finger. This wasn't an issue with my previous mouse, is it simply designed with light pressure activation or is it likely this renewed piece is defective?

I'm having a weird problem with this mouse, seems like the right click gets triggered too easily, even when I'm only resting my finger. This wasn't an issue with my previous mouse, is it simply designed with light pressure activation or is it likely this renewed piece is defective?
Definitely faulty, opt for a replacement if you can.

seems you got a defective piece, return it if you can.... the click button might have gotten soft.

I have placed a request for refund on Amazon. Another bonus is that now the seller is offering the renewed G402s at 1.44k instead of 1.6k, but I'm not sure if I should be going ahead with the purchase given my first experience with them wasn't great. I've had more success buying 2nd hand stuff here, should I bite the bullet and try to see if the next piece the Amazon reseller sends me is good or should I create a WTB thread here?

Definitely faulty, opt for a replacement if you can.

This happens when there is little to no pretravel on the mouse button. Happened with one of my mice. Replace it. If replacement has the issue ditch the mouse. Also can you share your hand size like this : index.jpg

This happens when there is little to no pretravel on the mouse button. Happened with one of my mice. Replace it. If replacement has the issue ditch the mouse. Also can you share your hand size like this : View attachment 112868
My hand size is specified in the OP, I took those measurements like specified in your image, it's ~21cm x 11.5cm. If the image with the measuring tape is needed as well I could post it too

Try something like zowie EC1 or S1, those are meant for bigger hand size.
Wow those are seriously costly. Like starting at 6k onwards, and my budget is 1.5k. I don't need all those extra buttons and features gaming mice provide, at this point I feel like I should just wrap my rs.200 mouse in a ton of cloth and use it like that :tearsofjoy:

Wow those are seriously costly. Like starting at 6k onwards, and my budget is 1.5k. I don't need all those extra buttons and features gaming mice provide, at this point I feel like I should just wrap my rs.200 mouse in a ton of cloth and use it like that :tearsofjoy:
Buy one of those zowie clone by redgear.

Can't comment on QC though.

Help me understand the dimensions of these mice. The Logitech G402 that was first recommended has LxWxH of 13.6 x 7.2 x 4.1 Centimeters, which seems feasible. The Redgear Z1 Pro you suggested has LxWxH of 12.8 x 4.5 x 16.5 Centimeters, which is extremely weird to me, because what I'm understanding from that is the mouse has a height of 16.5 cm? Vertically taller than the ruler in a student's geometry box? Even if the dimensions were switched around that mouse is either absurdly tall or absurdly wide. Then of the couple more that I found browsing the Redgear listings, the Redgear A-20 has LxWxH of 15.6 x 5.2 x 10.3 Centimeters, which again seems to suggest an absurd height, and the Redgear A-15 is 15.8 x 10.4 x 5.4 Centimeters, which seems too wide.

Am I misreading these metrics, or are they correct and these are just standard large mice dimensions? All the 3 Redgear mice have a 1 year warranty and 4+ stars on Amazon, and given my no-name no-brand mouse from 2014 is still working properly I can assume these should work for 3 years, barring physical damage obviously, so I just need to understand the dimensions before I decide which one I should get

Back