Buffalo HDD at Croma

maxms

Disciple
Saw some good deals at Croma.Some offers going on there.
Buffalo 1 TB external HDD is available there for Rs. 4994 only. looked good deal so thought to share if anyone is interested.
Some offer is currently going on, offer should be there for some more days but not sure.
HDD is USB 2.0 one. 500GB was priced at 3999.

USB 3.0 one were priced for few hundred , cannot remember exact price though.

why would anyone buy a buffalo when a seagate is available for the same price :bleh:

Seagate Expansion 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive STAX1000302 hdd

http://www.ebay.in/itm/200806661937?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.in%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_npmv%3D3%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D200806661937%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
pratzgh1 maxms :chair:

Thanks for the info bro. Tagged vivek as he is on a lookout for a hdd and has Croma as a preffred spot on his radar.

why would anyone buy a buffalo when a seagate is available for the same price :bleh:

Seagate Expansion 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive STAX1000302 hdd

http://www.ebay.in/itm/200806661937?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.in%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_npmv%3D3%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D200806661937%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
pratzgh1 maxms :chair:

well its still couple of hundred less if that matters :)...last I checked Seagate was around 5500 and Buffalo was around 5200 on online portals so this looked to be better..
also several people(me for one) are not too comfortable buying delicate stuff like HDD's to avoid any mishandling while shipping..
btw saw these at fatima nagar and pulse mall branches of Croma in Pune . offer should be there till this/coming weekend.

some offer at Croma
...buy any 10 inch tablet and get 500 GB Buffalo HDD for 2999 ;).
...5% cashback on ICICI cards on minimum purchase of 15000.

tagging @pratzgh1 and @vivek.krishnan ..if looking for more detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
maxms

1) in most cases , sellers (power sellers with good feedback ) realize the delicacy of a product and make sure the item is well packed with bubble wrap or thermocol to avoid damage in transit .That said, you can never be sure and rely on this general assumption

2) seagate in general is considered to be a much safer and reliable brand compared to other products . warranty claims on seagate products are hassle free in most cases .

That aside, the efforts you've put in sharing the offers is much appreciated :)

Pratik tagged me coz I might have some Chroma GVs. However, after doing some household purchases, i dont think there might be any left, now that I come to think of it! :p

2) seagate in general is considered to be a much safer and reliable brand compared to other products . warranty claims on seagate products are hassle free in most cases.

Dont know why! Ive (and one of my friends) had really bad experience with seagate and warranty replacement (thrice) has take 3-4 weeks everytime.
My samsung still running fine without any issues for over 9 years (*touchwood*).

I am not sure but a week back infibeam had good prices on external hdd and good discount with ICICI bank cards (flat 10percent)
Factoring those into account, you could buy a 1TB Western Digital hdd at 5000 - 5300/- depending on which model you opt for.

maxms

1) in most cases , sellers (power sellers with good feedback ) realize the delicacy of a product and make sure the item is well packed with bubble wrap or thermocol to avoid damage in transit .That said, you can never be sure and rely on this general assumption

2) seagate in general is considered to be a much safer and reliable brand compared to other products . warranty claims on seagate products are hassle free in most cases .

That aside, the efforts you've put in sharing the offers is much appreciated :)

Agree that now a days things are much better while ordering online. Most of the items I got online have proper packaging but yes there have been some exceptions also.
Couple of stuff I received were damaged during transit, good thing was sellers did not insisted on returning the damaged product else the savings of buying online would have been negated.

Seagate/WD are brands i too recomend due to their build quality ,after sales and reputation.

Does any one has some idea on how is Buffalo in comparison to Seagate/WD ( for HDD's) in aspects like :
Product relability
performance
after sales -RMA , replacement. package mentiones 3 yesr warranty.
failure rates
Build quality -- appears to be bit less robust to me not sure how it actually compares out.
Who handles after sales anf their feedback - Croma guys said I can approach then for warranty issues. but would be good to know which company actually handles it.

Thanks to @sandeepsachin and @MrHunt for other offers ...always good to have more options :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back