- What is your budget?
- less than 8,000
- What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
- GPU - GT 210
- Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
- An old Acer monitor with res less than 900p (I think it only has a VGA input, but i'm not too sure)
- Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
- CPU - Maybe a core 2 quad?
- Mobo - Anything that will work with the cpu
- Ram - 4GB min
- HDD - 300 gigs maybe.
- Case with smps already installed.
- Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
- Most likely never upgrade it
- Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
- Bangalore, Online. Most parts i will buy second hand though.
- Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market (Absolutely)
- What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
- First and foremost priority will be to use it as a device for Online Classes for my younger sibling (Microsoft Teams is being used by the school)
- Second priority will be then to hook the machine up to the 42 inch HD TV and be used as a media centre, Netflix,Amazon Prime, Youtube. I'm not too sure if the gt 210 might be able to handle 1080p streaming (Its been a long time since i used that gpu)
- Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
- Not at all
- If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
- Already have a PC for that
- What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
- While using it with the monitor, the native res (which is less)
- When hooked to the TV, expect it to output full 1080p without any buffer due to hardware
- Are you looking to overclock?
- lol no
- Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
- Windows 10 LTSC
Alright guys, before i say anything else i would like to thank any of you beforehand for helping me in this dilemma . Anyways so here's my question The tablet that my younger sister had been using for her online classes is really old now (MI Pad). Although teams does work on it and she is able to attend her classes, the other functions which teams implements such as assignments,notes etc do not open at all and we had to borrow a laptop for her during the practice tests. With her exams starting in september we have decided that she would need a different device so that she can study and do her exams without any hassle.Parents don't want to spend much on anything related to tech and i might have spoiled them when i built my gaming pc for 30k so they believe that i can get anything for cheap now (how unfortunate). Now here's two options that i have ended up thinking about, buying second hand parts and using my old gt 210 and monitor to create a studystation and media centre ( i was thinking of buying an MI box but then realised why should i spend the extra money on that when i can just use this since all i need is 1080p content).
Now what i worry about however is how well might the gt 210 cope with video conferencing(aka teams). Will it cause lag, stutter, problems which shouldn't occur? I have no clue if the gpu can handle this since i didn't get the chance years back when i had that old crap in my first ever desktop (was an absolute pain trying to play games on it) but it was able to do daily tasks pretty smoothly. But it's 2020 now and i'm not too sure how well it might be able to run such programs (or is teams more cpu dependent?)Because if problems or hitches occur during exams or classes then there's no point in building one anyways,the media centre is not a priority. Or perhaps i should buy a gt 710 depending on what you guys say.
Which then leads me to the other question is should i just ditch this whole idea of building a cheap pc and instead buy a phone for 10k which will do everything (except being a media centre) fine without any unnecessary problems (although reading questions and taking a class on a desktop is much more comfortable than on a phone). I need your take on this since if i do somehow build this pc, then it would be a much more valuable addition to the living room and for my sister overal. But if it fails to do what it was built for in the first reason then just buying a phone seems more ideal.
P:S - Have decided to get a phone in the end anyways