Building block number 1

Vandal

Skilled
I'm finally building a new config and starting from scratch...new everything. I decided to start with the PSU, which is more important than most folk will admit. As tempting as it was to go for something cheaper, I resisted. I wanted something capable of running 2x 5870s or a GT3xx and a Core i7 with matching components.

Stuff in pics: Corsair HX 850W

Excuse the pics...review camera

Gannu said:
^Bought this locally? Or the KaYumDee way?

Whatever that's a fine PSU. :D

Locally. But not available through anyone other than the disti. Sorry, cannot post price, just in case that was your next query ;) withheld on request.

Yep, I was surprised when I got a 7 year warranty, that was the clincher. Read that this can allow 950W+ draw sustained. Whew - wonder when it'll ever be loaded as much...

6pack said:
wow 950W+ on a 850w rated psu oO. congrats :)

^hey, don't quote me. This is what some reviews stated. It's "supposed" to be one of the best 850W PSUs anywhere. The warranty is killer though and it's built like a bloody tank...

Wah. FB post continued here too :p

Let me know how it works. Coz i may pick one up next month for my i7 rig :p Are the cables as long and as nicely built like the HX1000 ?

Update. Went to Phoenix's place, saw the A71F. Very impressed with Lian-Li's build. Solid al sheet, thick gauge and high quality machining and craftsmanship.

Vandal said:
Update. Went to Phoenix's place, saw the A71F. Very impressed with Lian-Li's build. Solid al sheet, thick gauge and high quality machining and craftsmanship.

and??? did u buy it???

Congrats on the PSU, I have known for quite a long that you do test products etc. in your office but didnt know you are a reviewer???

thebanik said:
and??? did u buy it???

Congrats on the PSU, I have known for quite a long that you do test products etc. in your office but didnt know you are a reviewer???

No yet. But it's mine, confirmed :p

^Ah yes, the one the only...when I'm in the mood, I'm pretty good; so they say :p

Great purchase, congrats!
Corsair, for some reason always underrate their PSUs. Apparently the 1000HX runs stable even at 1300W of load. Also wow, seven years warranty? Corsairs commitment is amazing!

damn said:
Great purchase, congrats!
Corsair, for some reason always underrate their PSUs. Apparently the 1000HX runs stable even at 1300W of load. Also wow, seven years warranty? Corsairs commitment is amazing!

This one apparently does just over 1 KW.
It's also 90+ efficiency, so it's gold rated actually, but to be safe and prevent criticism they gave it silver...

Back