Graphic Cards Buy 6700 xt right now or wait for next gen.

Pretty much the title. Currently I'm using rx 550 2gb from asus and was waiting for market to get stable before I make my purchase. Now I found a RX 6700xt at reasonable price but with next gen right around the corner I was confused whether to wait go with it or wait. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Also, I dont care about high refresh rate , I just want enjoyable 60fps in AAA single player games at 1440p or even 4K(medium settings)

Next gen is coming in November for AMD and Nvidia it is September/October and November. Green Team will launch GPU's one at a time. June is almost done so better wait unless you are getting it at really good prices.

It is always better to wait. You'll for sure get a much better deal even with current gen graphics cards soon

Next gen is coming in November for AMD and Nvidia it is September/October and November. Green Team will launch GPU's one at a time. June is almost done so better wait unless you are getting it at really good prices.
im getting a price of 51000 for 6700 xt. I know its not msrp but its tempting. As far as next gpu are concerned, Considering India is not a favoured market for gpus , every limited stock that comes to retailers will get scalped.

Pretty much the title. Currently I'm using rx 550 2gb from asus and was waiting for market to get stable before I make my purchase. Now I found a RX 6700xt at reasonable price but with next gen right around the corner I was confused whether to wait go with it or wait. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Also, I dont care about high refresh rate , I just want enjoyable 60fps in AAA single player games at 1440p or even 4K(medium settings)
if not urgent then wait!

There's always something next and exciting to wait for. It's your choice if you can live with what you got or you need an upgrade.

Also for 1440p60 in AAA upcoming games 6700XT might not be the best choice for high settings. Maybe with FSR 2.0 but time will tell. Some might disagree based on what "benchmarks" show but I'd like for those people to remember that those benchmarks are all on old games.

There's always something next and exciting to wait for. It's your choice if you can live with what you got or you need an upgrade.

Also for 1440p60 in AAA upcoming games 6700XT might not be the best choice for high settings. Maybe with FSR 2.0 but time will tell. Some might disagree based on what "benchmarks" show but I'd like for those people to remember that those benchmarks are all on old games.
Totally agreeing with you. The thing is , I've never had the privilege of playing on high/ultra settings, but now that I have some savings for gpu I was a bit confused since next gen gpus are right around the corner. So be it , I'll wait for next gen till November but looks like a looooong journey.

Market is flooding with used cards. Crypto is crashing harder than ever. If you can score a good deal, get a used card now. When the next gen invariably goes out of stock, you might get a good price for your card and you can upgrade. Happened with this gen, 2000 series were sold for low prices before 3000 launch, but after the launch, prices in the second-hand market rose again due to scalping and all. Might not happen again, but there is a chance that it just might. Best time to buy a used card is just a month or two before the next launch.

Totally agreeing with you. The thing is , I've never had the privilege of playing on high/ultra settings, but now that I have some savings for gpu I was a bit confused since next gen gpus are right around the corner. So be it , I'll wait for next gen till November but looks like a looooong journey.
First, only high end models are gonna launch. Mid-tier GPUs are still at least 8 months away from launch if the speculations of next gen announcement is true.
Second, we don't know about availability.
And last, if availability is bad, let me assure you prices of used previous gen are gonna climb up.

It's a WhatsApp group, can share the seller WhatsApp number in pm if you want. Only go with admin method if you wanna buy that.
looks kinda sketchy to me dealing on whatsapp. Imma stick to tech enclave for buying and selling, Thanks anyways. But if u have any other buy/sell forums for pc parts plz lemme know

I would personally recommend getting it now.

Can prices fall tomorrow? Yes
Can prices go up tomorrow? Yes

If prices fall, you still have a GPU on which you can play games and be happy. If prices go up tomorrow, you'll either have no GPU and no gaming, or end up buying a sub par GPU. Which scenario looks better?

I wouldn't say this 6 months ago as prices were ridiculous. But prices have come down quite a bit and 6700xt for 51k is not a bad deal. You don't know how low prices will go before they start rising. So if this seems value for money enough to you, then just go out and buy.

Deal only with admin method using admins from other known FB groups if you're gonna buy.

Screenshot_20220617-184348.jpg

This is also a decent deal if you can bargain a little
Screenshots_2022-06-17-19-02-44.jpg

Last edited:
Back