PC Peripherals Buying a new PSU. Help pls

Hi tech lovers
i m planning to buy a new power supply unit but as always i need your best opinion on this buy too.
my rig is
core2quad 2.6ghz
asus p5g41-t-mlx ddr3 board
palit gtx 260 sp 216 sonic editon 896mbddr3

now i was thinking of buying tagan bz 500 modular psu but dont know if it wud b enough for my pc cos i ll definately overclock my system eventually. i hav an option of tagan bz600 modular too and also of zebronics pro series modular 600 watt. seriously confused in bang for buck matter
prices of these psu here are as follows
500 WATT TAGAN BZ500=Rs 4500
600 WATT TAGAN BZ600=Rs 6000
600 WATT ZEBRONICS MODULAR= RS 4000

and i dont want to compromise with my rig so pls suggest me the best psu from all prospectives
thanks guys
u rock

get a Corsair VX450 it can handle your current system easily.. :)

also,if in future you are looking to upgrade your system to multi GPU setup then get a VX550 or TX650 as per you planning..

Thanks guys but i forgot to mention that i already sold zebronis pro series 600watt psu n nw i was hoping to get a modular psu.. n i think going on a 450 watt smps from 600 watt is no good deal.

may be something from my list would wok for me....

If you are looking for a modular model, FSP Everest Series and some Antec High End models are also good ones to pick!!

joel.monty said:
Thats' the new entry level power supply series (GS 700 and GS 800 as well) from Corsair. Hear it from the horse's mouth:

RedBeard said:
The GS series is basically a step below the TX series, 40C rated instead of 50C rated, 80 Plus white, as opposed to the newer TX unit (the TX950) which is Bronze rated, etc.

It's basically designed to be a lower cost unit that is still very stable but targeted at retail/gamer customers. Anybody who's heard of JonnyGuru.com is probably not the customer for the GS units.

Right now there is only one wattage, the 600W, which will be very attractive from a price standpoint, but will still meet all ATX specs, unlike most other products in its price range.

CWT OEM but with not all Jap caps.

I don't think the OP has a decent enough budget either to afford such power supplies.

Anybody who's heard of JonnyGuru.com is probably not the customer for the GS units.

Honesty is the best policy- so said someone.

I like that- good going Redbeard/Corsair. :hap2:

GTX 260 = 2x PCIe connectors?

check my sig- overheard in some village school from some remote part of India. :p

Back