Budget 51-70k Buying a PC for a friend after a long time ?

Switch

Skilled
Hey Guys,

A friend asked me to select a few components for his next build. Its been a while since I have shopped for PC parts(more then 4 years) so I really don't know what to look for. He basically needs one for his Home Office where he watches movies on his PC sometimes. Nothing too fancy hardware wise only couple of points to remember.

1. Onboard Gfx should be able to run HD rips perfectly.
2. Should have built in USB 3 Ports(more the merrier) and have USB 3 front connection ports too on the mobo.
3. Suggest a good SSD for OS and software Installation(VFM size and price wise).
4. What and How much RAM.
5. The components should be able to last for atleast 4 years or so. I would spend on a solid mob rather then a fancy looking mobo.
6. This PC would be setup in a basement and I need to put a powerful WiFi Card in that.
7. A good cabinet with decent & silent cooling. Should have option for front USB 3 ports.

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - NA
    • Motherboard - NA
    • GPU - NA
    • RAM - NA
    • Monitor - Dell 24"
    • PSU - Some Cooler Master
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 24"
    • PSU - Some Cooler Master One
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel/AMD Still Open
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard preferred with Onboard Gfx and USB3 ports(loads of them. Actually 2/4 at the back 2 in the front)
    • GPU - Onboard
    • SSD - 120/240 GB VFM
    • WiFi Card - Something powerful enough to catch signals from a router kept 2 floors above
    • Good looking branded cabinet Medium form factor with support of USB3 front ports and should be able to house a SD Card reader.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Mosty final until a new requirement comes up
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Nehru Place
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC Sort Up
    • Not a Download rig or 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies(Oh Yes)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Not a dislike but as I mentioned earlier it should be a robust enough mobo/RAM which lasts sometime. Don't want the hassle of opening up the PC cause of faulty components.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Solitaire
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1900x1200 Full HD
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 32-64 bit
    • Windows 10

• CPU - Intel Core i5 4440 -12500,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte H97-D3H -7300,
  • RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -4000,
  • GPU - Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 -6000,
  • SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB -8500,
  • WiFi PCI Card - TP-Link TL-WN951N 300MBPS PCI Card -1800,
  • Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-03 -4300.
  • TOTAL -44,400.

I ended up buying this yesterday for him:

AMD 6300FX
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3-4500
G-Skill 1600 8GB Kit
Crosair 450W SMPS
Cooler Mater Cabinet around 3600(Has the transformers style front)
Intel 120GB SSD 5600(This I think is expensive)
TP Link WiFi Card 700
2 x 16GB USB 3 Sandisk Ultra flash drives

^ If that Corsair PSU is a VS series, then I would have it replaced at the earliest.

Rest of the PC looks pretty decent. Although might not transition well to anything over 1080p media viewing.

Back