Budget 10-15K Buying a phone during festive sale

kartikoli

Skilled
As we all know both Amazon and Flipkart have started there sales so was thinking to retire my almost 3yrs old Redmi Note 7 Pro which is showing signs of slowness, I would like to try some other brands other than Mi this time but not restricting it. The phone will be used for Whataspp, email notifications, some random videos for pass-time, hardly make calls so battery is not my concern, would like a good screen with less clutters. Already have Samsung F51 so thats not an option.
Budget around 15k+/-

P.S. Indisplay fingerprint scanner is a deal breaker for me

Last edited:
I forgot to mention in display fingerprint scanner is a deal breaker for me, my brother had in his Realme X and we totally disliked it will check Redmi note 10pro and Samsung

Just checked Samsung M21 review and it was pretty slow in the video so right now RN 10 pro is the leader. What about Moto phones? I saw they launched few good phones but didn't get time to check in detail

The edge series from Moto starts from 30k and for edge pro, it goes beyond. You can look for G40/60 but it is huge and bulky. I hope members using those phone could chip in with experience.
@eraviii

I bought the edge fusion for 21.5k off FK - should reach me Monday... I just hope there are no bugs/issues/defects... someone posted some wifi disconnection issue somewhere.

RN7 Pro and slow? Not sure what you're doing with it. I have RN5 Pro since 2018 and it's still fine (I'm using Custom ROM though), although battery has degraded to some degree but still usable for a day.

RN7 Pro and slow? Not sure what you're doing with it. I have RN5 Pro since 2018 and it's still fine (I'm using Custom ROM though), although battery has degraded to some degree but still usable for a day.
Problem is I haven't done anything with it hahah. Installing custom rom is a pain specially how much time it takes to unlock bootloader and then select a ROM but the main issue is lack of time so have to look for alternates.

I bought Lian Li Lancool 215 and its been 2 months I haven't got the time to change cabinet so you can understand time crunch.
Yes G40/ 60 / Samsung F62 all are heavy you will feel like holding a brick, personal experience anything less than 180 gms is good, this is one of the reason i considered M52 5g.
Will get delivery by Monday. Will update the thread as it is.
Correct I hate using those bricks even my brother Samsung F51 is heavy compared to RN 7 Pro.

I bought the edge fusion for 21.5k off FK - should reach me Monday... I just hope there are no bugs/issues/defects... someone posted some wifi disconnection issue somewhere.
GeekyRanjit has demonstrated that on 1Gbps, edge was having slower speeds versus RealmeGT. That was the only con in his evaluation. I wanted to tag you but couldn't find a relevant post.
Maybe he had a defective piece. Do go for a thorough check for wifi and see if it's a deal breaker. Other than that, it checked all the boxes.

Incase interested.

Problem is I haven't done anything with it hahah. Installing custom rom is a pain specially how much time it takes to unlock bootloader and then select a ROM but the main issue is lack of time so have to look for alternates.

I bought Lian Li Lancool 215 and its been 2 months I haven't got the time to change cabinet so you can understand time crunch.
Completely understandable, given the complicated and time consuming nature of switching ROMs I'd say it needs a day at least to get things in order especially if the device is your daily driver but TBH same goes for switching to a new device IMO.
When I bought the phone I had pre-planned not to use MIUI so I didn't doo much on it for the first "required" no. of days to unlock bootloader so after the unlock the switch was easy. I used the wait period to judge what ROM to switch to.

Completely understandable, given the complicated and time consuming nature of switching ROMs I'd say it needs a day at least to get things in order especially if the device is your daily driver but TBH same goes for switching to a new device IMO.
When I bought the phone I had pre-planned not to use MIUI so I didn't doo much on it for the first "required" no. of days to unlock bootloader so after the unlock the switch was easy. I used the wait period to judge what ROM to switch to.
Thats what I've planned this time, get a new device and install custom rom before switching to the device completely

Every brand have their own optimized processor, UI, RAM etc. and pros/cons

AT one YT video, reviewer explain that 4GB Version of Realme 8 better in RAM/APP Management compare to 6GB version of xxxx

Last edited:
It was 4gb version and phone was slow when multitasking compared to redmi note 10.
Then it can be. I have seen the slowness myself when using the 4GB version, and that too on a just bought phone. I noticed that the memory was already occupied a lot when the phone was new. Getting rid of bloatware is very important.

Although the slowness wasn't much, but it was still noticeable, compared to when we had just set up the phone. That time it was pretty smooth. But, when lots of apps had been installed as required by the person using the phone... updating apps did show sign of slowness, which was quite smooth earlier.

6GB version shouldn't have that problem I guess.

Back