Car & Bike Buying a Skoda ? Think again.

agreed that some parts may not be localised , and cost more.

but then why is it that a bosch FIP which costs 18k will bill and warranty, costs 55k from skoda for the exact same thing?

@ Amey.. while quite a few points you made here are acceptable.. and yes i do understand you feel sorry for the guy..BUT ...it doesnt solve the issue.. :mad:

AND since you have recieved THEIR WORLD CLASS ( pun intended ) Service... You shouldn't have to do the hard talking to get what you pay for..

The end point is Skoda as a brand have really got to get their act together..

And Guys did you also know Porsche has a controlling stake in Volkswagen? yes they bought over and right now they stand at 50.76% of Volkswagen with an option of expanding it to 75% ..

Just info for the lot :)

greenhorn said:
agreed that some parts may not be localised , and cost more.

but then why is it that a bosch FIP which costs 18k will bill and warranty, costs 55k from skoda for the exact same thing?

What FIP are you talking about ?

@ Amey.. while quite a few points you made here are acceptable.. and yes i do understand you feel sorry for the guy..BUT ...it doesnt solve the issue..

The end point is Skoda as a brand have really got to get their act together..

True, there are many areas where they really need to get their act together. They tasted immense success here which they had not imagined, that was a good start, to keep it going they need to improve a lot.

When i said 'World Class Service' there was a lot of sarcasm in it ;)

Interestingly, that 'Someone' has not posted on the thread on the other forum I guess :D

And btw, got to know one more of skoda horror stories today - one of my friend's dad bought a Laura after a month or 2 it was launched. While driving on the expressway to wards mumbai, ABS on his car failed and he had to call up the Skoda service in Mumbai ( as he was abt 40KMs from mumbai ). He was told to get the car to service station all by himself. All this happening at 10AM in the morning - not even some un-earthly hour !!

Take that for a customer who dumps his 16-17L on a car from internationally reputed brand (???) and still doesn't get a breakdown van from the company !

I have asked him to pen down the experience, just to post it on the forum - and mind you , there are a lot more people with similar experiences.

Amey said:
For that matter recently when i got my Timing belt changed, i was charged 18k. 18k incuded the timing belt,tensioner everything. Its on the higher side but then its a crucial component and is usually expensive,irrespective of the car.

18k :O

Its sub-2k for all these cars :p :

yup, the cost is about right. One of the reasons why octavias take a massive hit in resale when they reach that mileage. Also the reason why a lot of second hand octavias are "clocked" and sold to unsuspecting owners

Amey said:
Exactly, surprisingly many seem to miss that.Skoda snatched the dealership, thats a step in the right direction.

I dont understand. If Skoda-India have accepted that the dealer ****ed their customer (harishv), what case is going on right now ? :huh:

nope , they didnt. They agreed to fix it and foot the bill, wanted harishv to sign a statement saying that the dealer didn't do it

greenhorn said:
nope , they didnt. They agreed to fix it and foot the bill, wanted harishv to sign a statement saying that the dealer didn't do it

Eh greeny my friend, Nummer Eins is not a skoda Dealer anymore. AFAIK, Autobahn,Autograph,JMD are the only 3 dealers existing in Mumbai. :)

^What greenie said is true till i was following that thread, lost track of it now. Following that instigation thread only :lol:

Amey said:
Eh greeny my friend, Nummer Eins is not a skoda Dealer anymore. AFAIK, Autobahn,Autograph,JMD are the only 3 dealers existing in Mumbai. :)

I never said Nummer eins is still a dealership!

I was replying to Pat's post.

skoda did eventually discontinue the dealership, but not when harishv asked them to. That happened much later, after complaints/pressure began to mount against that particular dealer.

PS: the management of nummer eins + a skoda ex MD are now working together for a workshop chain which claims to specialize in German cars

Well I read that thread quite a bit before I decided to post here. It seems Skoda is trying to arm twist the customer. They are agreeing to replace all the parts of the car BUT they want the customer to say that the dealer didn't do it !!!!

Thats the real bad part. I know there are plenty of horror stories about Tata/Fiat and many other manufacturers but that is usually down to dealer apathy more than anything else. In this case the company is trying to remove blame from itself even though it was their own registered dealer who did the misdeed.

Back