Buying advice for Digital photo frame

Sarath_

Adept
I am looking for a 10" Digital photo frame. I want to know if anyone here owns one and are they good enough since it's a blind purchase online. I would like to know how the standard resolution looks on photos; which seems to be 800x600 across all frames.

I have a budget of around 5k.

I was previously looking at Buy Viewsonic VFD823-50P Digital Photo Frame at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews but I think it's better to get a 10 incher now. Shockingly they are priced more than double that for the extra 2 inches diagonally. :(

I have zeroed upon this < Buy Viewsonic VFM1042-52P Photo Frame at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews > but would like to be sure if it is the best one for that price

Thanks

Re: Buying advise for Digital photo frame

I have a couple of 8 inchers at home, but then I bought them from the US. Digital frames in India are expensive and still almost elitist. If you can, try to get some stuff from someone in the US. Would work out cheaper and you would also get seasonal discounts.

US is completely out of bounds for me. I will check out in the neighbouring emirates in that case. But I would still like to see the options I have,''

BTW which ones do you have? How do you find them? Are 8" good or it's better to go for bigger ones?

I bought frames from Coby - at that time there was some Thanksgiving discount that I got, not substantial, but in hindsight, considering they are still selling for the same dollar rate, but I got them when the dollar was around 40, it feels like a steal :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The model I bought is no longer available, but the number was Coby DP854, @ $70 a piece. You should get 10 inchers from ViewSonic at a similar rate now if you look.

Size is a matter of choice honestly, and though I felt before ordering that 8 inches would be too big to my liking, I realised it is actually just right, because the display area is actually smaller than the size indicated. So it feels like a photo with borders around it, just like on a frame. You might want to check that out when you buy :)

Seriously Why does these photo frames being sold? If you want to look at your photos PRINT them! they come with unlimited battery life. and if u want to change the pictures everyday then there's wallpaper !!

The 2000 photos worked out to cost close to 40000 bucks if printed. But I am getting it printed too. This however is for gifting to my dad.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@agantuk: Thanks for the info. I will try checking them out in person. I have only seen Sony ones up until now and they cost a bomb.

I though buying a 14" monitor and hooking up a dummy phone to the display would be cheaper. These frames are too expensive for the price but I have little choice righgt now as the purchase has to be made ASAP, before new years to be precise.

For slightly cheaper models if buying from India, you can take a look at the ones from Croma, though as you have already experienced, prices in India are crazy.

I saw Sony ones a few days ago in REL digital. One was small @ some 3.5 k, and a bit bigger one at some 5-6k. Don't remember the prices exactly, but from what I observed, the resolution of the display and especially the sharpness & crispness was much better of bigger one. Still I found both to be costly.

I recently got two 12" manufacturer refurbished photo frames for around 55$ each on black friday. They are of pandigital brand. Just that now i am concerned about how i will bring to India as each of these frames has a box which is similar to a laptop box :fear:

Back