Laptops Buying advice needed - Laptop

Iam looking to buy a new laptop, primarily for home usage. MS Office, web browsing, and maybe connecting it to my LCD through the VGA cable for movies etc. Primarily looking at 14/15 inch screen size, good enough RAM, decent HDD (not a big factor as I have portable HDDs) and most importantly, good after sales support. GOOD battery life is a key factor, since wife intends to use it for her business and it will be taken around places..

My budget is ~35k and brand preference is Dell. If there are other good brands, please suggest. I already have a Compaq laptop and not too happy with the service/support. Have previosuly owned Toshiba (bad!) and HP (good, but dont like the looks and the short battery life). Would like to stay away from Lenovo (IBM was still better!).

I have shortlisted these 4 models from Dell (after customization). Would really appreciate if gurus can provide their feedback on which config looks the best. I am attaching the PDF of their configs for critique

1. Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop (S540501IN8) - Rs.33,720
2. Dell Inspiron 14 Laptop (S540517IN8) - Rs.41,670
3. Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop (S540503IN8) - Rs.41,950
4. Dell Studio 14 (S540504IN8) - Rs.43,875

Have you checked vostro ? its better than inspi or studio and even XPS model! The reviews for vostro have been goood in terms of money and performance.

Back