PC Peripherals Buying an APC replacement battery online?

letmein

Skilled
I need to buy a replacement battery for my 4+ year old APC BR-1000 UPS. The replace battery indicator has been blinking for the past six months or so and the backup times are also significantly less.

APC India does not list any authorized online reseller on its site. Anyone know where I can get one?

even i have a similar APC UPS, probably the same, 1.1kVA model. i got the battery for it when the UPS just gave up and would not turn ON/give any backup. first wrote to APC to know about any offers as well as about distributors here. but finally purchased a battery from a trusted dealer known to us (who had supplied our inverter to us). apparently there are 2 sorts of batteries for UPS - Indian and chinese. IIRC, i got the former. was for probably under 1k, but not sure. can check and let you know later. don't recall why i didn't buy from APC, was costly or the distributor was far away.

IMO no need to pay so much. i checked my battery. its from Exide. cost was 1700/-, not under 1k. :D
don't remember how much warranty it carries, 6 or 12 months.

You don't need APC branded batteries to replace the ones in your system. Just get one from a known dealer or a generic reputable UPS battery brand (e.g., Powersonic).

When mine went off i found an apc distributor, they came over changed it and were done inside of 15 mins. It was not an apc branded battery and neither was the one they replaced which was 6 years old, completely dead. i have the 1.5Kva model. However with this battery which is two years old i find the life is already getting short. Not as good as the previous one.

Back