Buying an imported TV from Ebay

I would look for an importer / reseller from Blore. As these tv's have seller warranty, it would be a pita for warranty if the seller is from a diff city than you are.

Actually I am also interested in that TV set. Any advices?

Say it goes bust any idea what will be the repair charges? Motherboard or panel? And how many years does Samsung offer in India? and anyone know price for a similar tv in authorized channels?

Well samsung offers 1 year of warranty in india.The official price on flipkart is 123K.[DOUBLEPOST=1431435323][/DOUBLEPOST]An i found a seller in bangalore who sells imported tv's.however he is price 20k higher than the other seller who is based in delhi.

What if this is a refurbished one? How do we find that out? There are many sellers in ebay who sell refurbished items claiming it to be new but give only sellers warranty. If there is a problem you need to send it back to them and that too if they are still active sellers in ebay after couple of months. However, the price is very tempting for a 55" 3D Smart TV. It is like gamble, hit or miss.

I have brought twpieces on ebay one samsung 40"and one 48"import pieces on ebay the price differential then was 25k and 60k!the guy sent me box pieces. Almost a year now And still no issues. Tremendous value for money. They also offer transit insurance. I do think it's well with worth it!

I have been in contact with one of the sellers .He assured me it was a new one. Also he is a seller having 5K feedback.Checked most of his feedback's and they were good. Also he has sold close to 3.5k TV's .So if he were to be selling refurbished ones then someone would have raised a red flag right??

^^^

I think even if its a local seller, the moment you walk out of the store you are done for. Grey market items are all like that. Even in US its like that.

Well if it has to be a issue then it might crop up at any time. If the issue crops up after an year then even the warranty wont cover it.[DOUBLEPOST=1431608058][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone bought VU 55 inch UHD 3D TV's?? heard they have amazing picture quality but bad frame rates??

Last edited:
Well if it has to be a issue then it might crop up at any time. If the issue crops up after an year then even the warranty wont cover it.[DOUBLEPOST=1431608058][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone bought VU 55 inch UHD 3D TV's?? heard they have amazing picture quality but bad frame rates??

Seems like we need to buy it blindly as it cannot be demoed anywhere in the showroom. It got good reviews in another forum especially the picture quality.

Well if it has to be a issue then it might crop up at any time. If the issue crops up after an year then even the warranty wont cover it.
This is a very bad analogy. After one year, you would have used it for an year. There's a big difference.

@technofast - there is no way to know whether these are refurb or not. unless TVs have serial numbers and trackable online. Lots of sellers sell refurb as new and people hardly know. two of my friends bought refurb iPhones thinking they are new. An average user hardly bothers about that. Worst, you can get a tv, replaced with cheap components.

Check it's official price in US. If with import cost and shipping, what's its price. If there is still huge difference then it's probably a refurb, parts replaced or stolen one. When buying costly items from ebay, at too good to be true prices, then keep this in mind:

JvAnB8o.jpg

Large items - I would suggest (like @chetansha select a seller from your own place - this is possible for large metros only. One can go down, have a look & decide.

For large ticket purchases, like 123k, one may need to get the extended warranty. Officially Samsung extended warranty is far more expensive than Sony or, LG. It was 13k for 42" TV last year, while Sony was 5k!

Hmmm .What you say is right. But htese Tv's are imported from Thailand and we should consider the price in thailand than in US.
And as we all know there are people or a syndicate whihc exports tv's from thailand to india through passengers travelling to India. Almost everyone who is standing empty handed at the airport are approached by these people who offer an amount too for carrying this to india where it is received by their counterpart. And hence they are cheap

Anyway that's not the point. A nd i think there are ways to find out if a tv has been used or not.

Back