Camera Buying Camera Please suggest!

How come no ones suggestin my fav 570IS :p

IMO the 1 extra Megapixel n the 2X extra zoom on the 720IS isnt worth the extra cost esp if you want it for normal use. :)

Just get the 570IS n njoi :D

mMmmmmmmm

I have gone thru all your opinion

I have asked the rates for S3IS around here but most of the ppl have been saying it the company has stopped manufacturing it..........

S5IS is avaiable at the moment

but they said they will check around and get it from somewhr

by the way..even dis siggy of urs has a double meaning ..lolzz..dont get me wrong..but its damn funny..he hehhee...

Canon IXUS 8.1 MP cam..
Great pics
Awesome battery life
Looks good and not ultra slim (atleast I prefer a bit of bulk)

Shud get it for 15k in grey mkt. Totally worth the money.

TechHead said:
^@greenhorn - DIGIC2/3 is the image processor in the Canon Powershot cameras. The S2IS/S3IS/S5IS have optical stabilisation as well.

gmano said:
@ greenhorn, Techhead has answered, before I could.

Most of the Cameras use optical image stabilisation only, digital image stabilisation is not much of use. Digital image stabilisation is used mostly in video cameras. (This technique shifts the electronic image from frame to frame of video, enough to counteract the motion. It uses pixels outside the border of the visible frame to provide a buffer for the motion.)

janitha said:
The Canons mentioned earlier have optical image stabilization. IIRC Canon was the first to introduce IS lenses for their SLRs more than about 15 years back as also silent USM (with ultrasonic motor) lenses, though these were prohibitively costly yet popular with professionals.

thanks for clearing my doubts guys :hap2:

Back