CPU/Mobo Buying Mobo from Amazon US.

Napsterv

Recruit
I was thinking to buy this motherboard form Amazon US. The total cost is about 10,683[148$+30$](with shipping from comgateway-without customs). Still 6K cheaper than FlipKart.

Suppose if I mark the item as gift, will I successfully evade customs? I emailed amazon support and they said they won't put the price on the packing slip if the item is marked as gift.

Another trick I got in my mind is pay with gift certificate of 50$ and put the rest of the amount in customs form(so I get charged less). Even if I do pay customs with 18.85% the total comes to be around 12,281. Still I save :p :p

Any advice guys?

Thanks in advance.

Firstly, the Indian customs seem to have started charging arbitarily. Plus, now all customs goes though Delhi, not Mumbai. In short, you maybe asked to cough up some cash as duty - avoid unless you get a challan, though may not happen.

They also check equivalent stuff before pricing if the particular model is inavailable here. Finally, they dont check the invoice value as they know it could be underpriced.

Also, check the forwarding thread here in TE - you might find some help.

Firstly, the Indian customs seem to have started charging arbitarily. Plus, now all customs goes though Delhi, not Mumbai. In short, you maybe asked to cough up some cash as duty - avoid unless you get a challan, though may not happen.

They also check equivalent stuff before pricing if the particular model is inavailable here. Finally, they dont check the invoice value as they know it could be underpriced.

Also, check the forwarding thread here in TE - you might find some help.
Damn my hopes got crushed. 'They check the pricing means in US or India? And can I apply for a refund if they charge me more than they should?

Damn my hopes got crushed. 'They check the pricing means in US or India? And can I apply for a refund if they charge me more than they should?

You cant do anything. They check equivalent Indian pricing or charge arbitrarily. Either pay or refuse to pay - see if they buckle to you or not.

Back