Car & Bike Buying New Car: Ford Figo or Fiat Punto

coolcrook

Adept
Figo or Punto or ?

First of I am just turned 19 and this will be my 1st car.
Today my dad randomly called me up and told me to go test drive a Punto and book it if I like it.(I've been pestering him for a while for a car)

Budget and Priorities
>Budget: ~4.5L
Usage: City driving, road trips
approx:1000km a month excluding road trips
Only Petrol
Driving Pleasure and comfort is a big plus
Dont Want Swift
Good After Sales Service
Easy and Cheap Maintainence

Also I want to buy a speaker system, hopefully within the budget given

Will be using the car for two years or so while I am studyin in Bangalore and then if I shift somewhere else I'll probably sell it, so a higher resale value would be good

Now the thing is my dad likes the Fiat Punto's looks a lot, even I think its good looking
But when I checked online its features seem to pale compared to other cars

Ford Figo especially seems to have a whole lot of features but then its a Ford and from what I've hear their A.S.S. isn't great

All advice, suggestions, insights are welcome

Re: Buying New Car: For Figo or Fiat Punto

Buy Chevvy Beat dude, I would have If I were in your position...

Otherwise, Punto is really good too.

Take a look at Volkswagen Polo if you are okay with few service centers and a bit more difficult to find spare parts etc.

I would have bought Beat anyday If I were in your position.

+1 for Chevy Beat. High end model without the airbags and ABS will come for about 4.4 lacs on-road. Also if you're willing to wait, Nissan Micra is coming next month I suppose. So you might wanna wait and check that out too.

Beat -> Dont like it much, though might consider it coz of good features

Ritz-> Big no

Micra-> Didn't like how it looked much

I think I am still looking at the Punto as my car,Jus like its presence :)

I haven been able to go for a test drive yet and turns out the savings of 50k they r offering is all bullshit...So budget obviously has to go up 2 5 :(

If you want driving pleasure none of these small cars will be upto the mark, except the Swift. All these new 1.2 petrols are meant for pottering around in the city.

I have an i20 and recently i had the chance to drive the Polo 1.2 petrol, Honda Jazz and Ford Figo 1.4 diesel.

The i20 is a decent car but its not a drivers car per se, it got loads of space and features (atleast the higher variants). The Jazz is also a very good car, good engine and space but i guess these dont fit the budget.

The Ford Figo impressed me quite a bit. Its got huge space on the inside, a decent diesel engine ( didnt drive the petrol) and good equipement levels.

The Polo 1.2 petrol is was just average in terms of space and the 3 cyl engine was pretty noisy and rough.

You've said you dont want a Swift, but i still think Swift is the best choice for a drivers car!

swift=fun to drive,cheap nd easy maintenance,good looks
punto=safe,solid,sexy,great handler,poor after sales(improving)
figo-good to drive ,average performance,avge looks,okay aftersales
polo-solid,safe,good looking,good to drive,expensive to maintain

See I don't think my dad would like to buy me a swift even if I wanted one(not that I do) co its too common and thus boring.

The punto's looks caught his fancy, otherwise I was looking at an alto, I could some how wiggle him into buying a car in the same bracket but not a swift

Polo is expensive and no... no Polo

Figo, could consider it but seems more like a family car

Ritz, not happening with its backside

And since everyone likes the beat, I must go test drive it , actually this weekend I'll go test drive both the punto and the beat.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

The Beat has its 3 Years no money warranty (I think its till on). You should Test Drive both and check which suits your driving style.

I guess if u goin for petrol go beat and for diesel go figo, figo got 1.4 tdci engine same as firsta, i have done 60k on that engine and growing very very nicely. gr8 mileage.

Since you will be using it alone mostly, i believe the Beat suits you perfectly. its fuel efficient, easy to drive in the city,easier to park, great looks and will fit in your budget almost perfectly. it also has the best ARAI mileage. The punto will out of your budget even though it looks better. Besides the 1.2 versions are not that great to drive. The Figo is good too but its more of a sensible choice.

H2O said:
The Beat has its 3 Years no money warranty (I think its till on). You should Test Drive both and check which suits your driving style.

The 3 year thing is not valid on Beat.. its only one year

Fiat Punto for the people with Heart. It looks gorgeous and filled till brim with features with unbeatable price.
But yes the engine is short on power unlike Figo.
Talking about Ford Figo its a different ball game. Almost as using your mind.No Frills here.But gets the job done almost perfect,with out ohmps and ohh.
The no nonsense vehicle.
You wouldnt be turning head around as in Punto ,but do you really care ?

Back