Buying Shoes Online - Avoid? (Old Stock?)

kidrow

Adept
Hi,

I've been looking to buy footwear lately & have naturally come across the frequent sales that keep popping up on shopping websites. But having gone through the reviews, one of the most common complaints that I've come across has been how the soles have come off/torn/disintegrated in 10/20/30/* days.

Returns/Refunds don't matter in such cases as you never know when the problem will occur. So it may well occur outside of the return window.

The other common complaint is that the items are fake. This belief probably stems from the fact that the shoes didn't last.

So is it best to avoid purchasing shoes online on the assumption that the ones with the best discounts are simply old stock?

Can the manufacturing date alone be used to make a judgement on whether the shoes are worth keeping? If so, how old is too old?

If one does end up with a defect as regards the sole for shoes purchased online, do the manufacturers accept warranty claims? If yes, are the shoes restored to a 'like-new' condition?

& are the discounts online really that much better than what you'd get in B&M stores when they have their sale (presumably during the monsoons)?

Thanks for your time.

Have bought many sports shoes from Myntra and have never had any such issues. All shoes are still fine after 2-3 years of use.

I have bought only sports shoes online through amazon only. something like 8 pairs.
I buy only amazon fulfilled products in general. Never faced any issues,
Two days back I ordered a formal leather shoes pair. Waiting for delivery.

Thanks for your inputs. I think it should be okay buying online then. :).

Just wondering though about whether online sale prices are cheaper than off-line ones. I'm looking at sports shoes (in particular, from Amazon) & the prices for basic running shoes from the likes of Puma, Fila, & Reebok seem to be about 1200-1500. (Adidas, Nike are more expensive). That seems good to me. But because I haven't shopped for sports/running shoes in a long, long time, I'm not sure what the B&M prices will be like. Could anyone please guide me?

Being size 11UK, I stopped buying at B&M stores since most of the time they don't have stock my size. Bought many shoes and sandals from myntra, amazon and jabong and all of them were genuine.

Coming to discounts, you won't find discounts in exclusive branded stores. I went to puma showroom and the shoe I was buying was 3k at that store.(full mrp). They didn't have my size. Opened myntra right there and it was 1600 bucks after discounts.

Back