Bypass BSNL FUP - Try it out

Fed up with BSNL FUP. Well i figured out 2 ways in which you can trick into getting unlimited broadband without FUP. Well it works for me, but not sure if it works always. I am on Home 100 plan - 1mbps till 9gb and 256kbps later on.

1st Option

1) You need to have a stable net connection and restart your modem only on the first day of the month

2) There should be 24/7 power supply or inverter so that your modem doesn't switch off.

3) Configure the modem so that it does not terminate the connection after some timeout.

If you dont switch off your modem, bsnl portal will show your usage as 0 bytes. I tried this method for 17 days(1st to 17th of the June month) and i was getting 1 mbps speed for the whole while. Unfortunately my net connection got disconnected due to heavy winds and rain. I checked the usage, it was 16gb. When the net connection was restored the speed reduced to 256kbps.

2nd Option

Its quite crazy, but it works.

I forgot to pay the previous telephone bill and my net got disconnected on 20th of this month.My usage for July month was well above 9gb when it got disconnected. I paid the bill next day and the connection got restored again. I guess it recognized as a new connection. I am getting 1mbps speeds. I know this is not feasible to do on a monthly basis.

But do try the option 1. It works for me

I tried to find if anyone else has posted these methods. But couldn't find it anywhere. Do not know if i got lucky or if it really works for everyone.

how do u "bypass" the FUP in the first option?? :S

and i guess it showed the usage as 0 bytes coz the session never expired.. so it didn't have an endpoint..

There will be timeout of certain minutes... typically 10 set in ur bsnl modem. Change it to 0 and you are done !!!:eek:hyeah:

Dont know about this but back when I was on Ul750 (older nib1 ...the ones which use 10.240.XXX.XXX to check their data logs) the connection used to get disconnected every 24 hours automatically.There was no visible disruption in the download/upload stream although once I remember one site where I was logged on asked me to relogin which means the IP did change.But the data logs showed the max time connected as 86400 secs. It never went beyond that.Now I am not sure about how the newer nib2 functions.

Well that seems to be pretty impossible to do, with power condition in India.

And even with Inverters and all you get some fluctuations and surge, which tend to restart the modem :(

Option 1 works. All you need is a inverter. But the problem is with the telephone line which goes down once in a while if I am unlucky. If your net collection is stable it will work

himanshuaieee said:
Well that seems to be pretty impossible to do, with power condition in India.

And even with Inverters and all you get some fluctuations and surge, which tend to restart the modem :(
use UPS for the modem to maintain stable connection without any disconnections :D

Avoid such risky tricks grown from software bugs. Imagine a situation during party time BSNL fixes the bug / Unfortunately modem get reset, resulting whole data to be counted as a lot in monthly bill.

None of this would work properly. Since your connection would get reset for one reason the other. Also, I think disconnects all hosts regularly for refreshing their IP addresses.

^^Hmmm... I don't think so...
Even if modem gets reset, it would activate FUP and revert to 256 Kbps.
Ultd connections don't have extra usage charges in the system..

your wait time will be increased if you are regularly downloading from Rapidshare or Hotfile when you dont restart the modem.. exceptions for premium users...I often download from these sites and when I complete one download i will restart my modem to get the new ip to continue my download...:)

Back