OC & Modding Cabinet airflow

Anyone using cooler master H500 mesh?
Hot air from the gpu is getting trapped in the marked place inside the cabinet(check image below) and it increases GPU temps. Without the tempered glass panel the temperature is 4° less. I was looking in to vertical Mount but all reviews say it'll only make the temps worse for gpu. Will vertical Mount along with changing my intake and exhaust fans to something like the noctua 3000rpm fans help?

I was also thinking of attaching fans below the GPU but there's no option to place the fans in psu shroud, tried looking for pcie slot fan setup but not able to find anything for that either. Any suggestions to decrease temps is appreciated.

20210729_154920_HDR~2.jpg

Anyone using cooler master H500 mesh?
Hot air from the gpu is getting trapped in the marked place inside the cabinet(check image below) and it increases GPU temps. Without the tempered glass panel the temperature is 4° less. I was looking in to vertical Mount but all reviews say it'll only make the temps worse for gpu. Will vertical Mount along with changing my intake and exhaust fans to something like the noctua 3000rpm fans help?

I was also thinking of attaching fans below the GPU but there's no option to place the fans in psu shroud, tried looking for pcie slot fan setup but not able to find anything for that either. Any suggestions to decrease temps is appreciated.

View attachment 111219
how many fans you have installed ? i can see that the top is empty. add all the possible fans there. verticle mount will increase the temp. here nothing more you can do. you need a proper push - pull configuration.

how many fans you have installed ? i can see that the top is empty. add all the possible fans there. verticle mount will increase the temp. here nothing more you can do. you need a proper push - pull configuration.
It's stock, one 120mm exhaust and two 200mm intake. I was thinking wouldn't vertical Mount help push the hot air up directly and hence help exhaust it better?

It's stock, one 120mm exhaust and two 200mm intake. I was thinking wouldn't vertical Mount help push the hot air up directly and hence help exhaust it better?
Start with adding top exhaust as mentioned above. Hot air rises, so its always advisable to add top exhaust. Get a good CFM 120 or 140 to start off.

Start with adding top exhaust as mentioned above. Hot air rises, so its always advisable to add top exhaust. Get a good CFM 120 or 140 to start off.
Yes planning on it but I think my issue is the hot air is stuck on the place I marked in the image since that place is super hot to touch. I don't think exhaust on top will be enough to pull the hot air from there since it's a long way down. I'll check with a noctua and see how it goes.

Yes planning on it but I think my issue is the hot air is stuck on the place I marked in the image since that place is super hot to touch. I don't think exhaust on top will be enough to pull the hot air from there since it's a long way down. I'll check with a noctua and see how it goes.
As mentioned, hot air rises by default, with a good exhaust (Noctua) you should definitely see a drop in temps. Use an app to check before and after temps, not just of your GPU, but motherboard as well.

As mentioned, hot air rises by default, with a good exhaust (Noctua) you should definitely see a drop in temps. Use an app to check before and after temps, not just of your GPU, but motherboard as well.
Ya will check and report with top exhaust but my guess is hot air is stuck to the side and not exhausted efficiently as GPU keeps pushing hot air in that area continuously which is why when I open side panel it's dropping 4°.

the hot air will rise to top and not on rare side. when you will do verticle mount, the air sucked by the gpu cooler will be the hot one from the side hot panel making the temp worse for the gpu. but look this videos I think top one should also be intake.

the hot air will rise to top and not on rare side. when you will do verticle mount, the air sucked by the gpu cooler will be the hot one from the side hot panel making the temp worse for the gpu. but look this videos I think top one should also be intake.

Ya I watched the first one, will buy 2 140mm and see how it goes. My point is the hot air isnt getting to the top fast enough for the GPU to run cooler. Also you said in vertical Mount hot air will be sucked in, wouldn't the hot air be pushed to the top through the fins when mounted vertically?
List down the below temps:
cpu
gpu
ambient in-case temps
your room temps.
Cpu goes 70c max while gaming
GPU die - 75-76
Hotspot - 90
Memory 88-90
With side panel closed
No idea about in case temps
Ambient is 28-29 at night and 34-36 in the day

And what case fans you using? Are those generic ones or performance.

The cases these days seldom have any side case fans and hence the issue. A fan mounting should always be present at the right side aka glass panel somewhere near to or directly parallel to the gpu place like good old days.

And what case fans you using? Are those generic ones or performance.

The cases these days seldom have any side case fans and hence the issue. A fan mounting should always be present at the right side aka glass panel somewhere near to or directly parallel to the gpu place like good old days.

It's stock fans that came with the cabinet. Wish I could drill holes in tempered glass near the GPU area and Mount two exhaust. Also that tomshardware link was about cpu temps, I'm also planning on getting a noctua cooler later on but feels like a over kill for 3700x as stock is running with no issues. Goes 88c max in stress test

Also does any one knows about any vertical Mount that pushes the GPU deep inside near the motherboard like cablemod Mount. Anything similar available here?

Edit: was thinking of doing something like this

Last edited:
It's stock fans that came with the cabinet. Wish I could drill holes in tempered glass near the GPU area and Mount two exhaust. Also that tomshardware link was about cpu temps, I'm also planning on getting a noctua cooler later on but feels like a over kill for 3700x as stock is running with no issues. Goes 88c max in stress test

Also does any one knows about any vertical Mount that pushes the GPU deep inside near the motherboard like cablemod Mount. Anything similar available here?

Edit: was thinking of doing something like this
that cooler will not only reduce the temp for cpu but also for your system as the air will be pushed at the back of the system more quicker.

Back