Cabinet Power Switch Dead

Emperor

Skilled
Hi,

My friend's generic cabinet power switch dead, so he turn Reset Switch as Power Switch. By adjusting 2 cables on Motherboard Front Panel Port.

Now he use Re-Set Switch as Power Switch, he just want to know if this adjustment do have any bad impact on board or any other part/processor etc. of his system?

Regards

Both my desktops have such a setup. It's just a jumper connection in the motherboard.

If both switches fail and if you know how, can even install fancy push button like these for starting.:)
1598433322772.png

Hi,
My friend's generic cabinet power switch dead, so he turn Reset Switch as Power Switch. By adjusting 2 cables on Motherboard Front Panel Port.
Now he use Re-Set Switch as Power Switch, he just want to know if this adjustment do have any bad impact on board or any other part/processor etc. of his system?
Regards

No not an issue at all. This happened to my year 2000's Pentium 3 computer (it is still running now with Win XP and a functional floppy drive! haha).
So this setup is running for 20 years you can say. Yes, you reset functionality goes out.

As simple DIY, if you use Arduino, if you have Male-Female and Female-Female jumper wires, those work with the front panel header on motherboard, to make a manual Reset switch.

Back