PC Peripherals cabinet - PSU accomodation

jammy420

Adept
I am buying a new PSU. I want to know if my current cabinet will accommodate it. I am going to replace the circle's built in PSU with seasonic/antec/evga one. So far never assembled a PC.

http://www.circlect.com/computer-accessories/cabinets/cc545-cabinet.html

SPECIFICATION

• Form Factor: ATX / Micro ATX

• Compatible Motherboard: ATX / Micro ATX

• Air Vent: 1x12 CM Front, 1x8 CM Back

• Material: Class SGCC Steel

• External 5.25 inch Drive Bays: 4

• Internal 3.5 inch Drive Bays: 4

• Expansion Slots: 7

• Front Audio Ports: HD-Audio

• Front USB Ports 2.0: 2

• 80MM Fan Included: 1(Back)

Cabinet Size

• Depth: 417MM

• Height: 415MM

• Width: 180MM

OK thanks.. I was bit doubtful the replacement can be done on a cabinet which comes with a in built PSU. Removing it should not be a problem, right?

no it wont be a problem. you just need a philips screwdriver. check out youtube vids.
make sure all the important connections are done before powering up (mobo and cpu cooler sometimes get overlooked)

IMG_20160918_220728[1].jpg
IMG_20160918_220740[1].jpg

This is standard ATX PSU. Can be removed and replaced with another.

However, why are you planning to change it (except if it's not working). You have just one HDD , one DVD drive besides cpu, mobo(seems to be ITX) and one chassis fan. I'm sure they need less than what the psu can supply.

Planning for upgrading to 3d animation work. Later will upgrade CPU,mobo, graphics card... However I don't want to risk current components using the circle PSU. I am going to test run the software and see what hardware I need

Hmm. That approach may end at a deadlock.

For example if you bought a 650W PSU. And during your component exploration path, you keep on adding CPU, Mobo, GPU, HDD, SSD, fans, RAMs .. other peri . It may land up a scenario where 650 may not be sufficient. So you may find your self at a place where you PSU upgrade is required.

Look at PC advice section. There are several queries for 3D/animation setups. You may refer ones matching your budget/needs. Or post your thread with necessary details. Once you finalize the components, you will come to know what PSU will be required. Buy components together or progressively .. as per your need.

I am thinking of buying 750/850 W. Actually I feel that in itself kind of over kill. Employer going to pay. Right now I cannot decide on other components, because I want to have hands on experience with the software for 2-3 months, its rendering etc. Thing is I am held up btw CPU vs GPU rendering. I cant take a call on that now. But at least PSU I need want to be on safe side. Most high end rigs were having only 750w... I thought it should be safe. any way let me post in PC forum too

http://outervision.com/pre-configured-pc-builds

the reason people get a larger than needed psu is because overclocking dramatically increases power draw and psu's are most efficient at 50-60% load.
you can check the power draw using online tdp calculators for your final build.
i believe a good 650w psu will suffice unless you plan to xfire/sli multiple gpus.

Back