PC Peripherals Cable clutter

Post a pic so we can give recommendations on how to decrease the clutter. There are plastic ties available of 8cm or 12cm which can be used to tie up cables. Plus Lian Li sells a 4 in 1 sata power cable too. You can get it on Ebay I think. There are other clutter management tools specific to their cabinet models available also.

Post a snap of your present system's innards and we may be able to guide you better.

Plus Lian Li sells a 4 in 1 sata power cable too.

It isn't a SATA power cable but the sleeved data cable.

I hate to say this (I am using one but was gifted by Sudhir/Naga when they got the first batches of Lian Li enclosures here) but that is pretty expensive. We are better off tying 4 regular SATA cables using cable ties and using them instead. They work exactly the same way minus the sleeving part and it doesn't look bad TBH.

This is the bunch:

sata1.jpg

me too suffering from this issue. subscribing to this thread!!

tono systems had a few cable-management solutions. one which i liked was CM5 cover. but apparently, that has gone out of stock, and slim chances of it being restocked. would like to have something similar.

That looks like noodles having a bad day.
The only way you can clean up that mess is to disconnect a few wires, sort them out, and move on to the next batch.
In this case where you don't know which wire goes where, I suggest tagging each wire at both ends with a name and stuck with cello tape. So even if you have to remove all wires, you won't end up scratching your head as to what goes where.

Some of the wires look too short to be hidden and some are too haphazardly installed with wires hanging from one machine to another. You will need to come up with the best solution to the problem. Use those reusable plastic cable ties to tie together cables or use some casing and capping to conceal the cables.

Get a server rack if possible since this looks like some workplace. Keeping everything in same place, its easier for cable management.

Back