Calling Fans Of Battlefield Series: How Is The Online Gameplay?

Hello all,

I am playing Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 online from sometime now

As I don't have original copies of both the game, I am playing Uhm ....Ahh...through the "other way"

Now the problem is as I am playing the "uhm ahh other way" there are lot of hackers, wallers, people using Aimbot etc which kind of ruin the gameplay

Recently I found (through) internet that Battlefield is sort of better than COD in terms of online gameplay

Also I have read that there is no "uhm ahh other way" of playing it other than buying a legal copy

So my question is

Are there hackers, wallers etc on Battlefield: Bad company 2 online ?

I am going to buy a copy of it from flipkart, and so want your opinion

Yes IMO there are some who exploit the bugs in BF. I am not sure whether they should be called as hackers, but yes some guys bot aiming too... But we can always report them...

Well I really dont care as such, coz the gameplay is pretty awesome, both in BFBC2 and BF3.... I love to do sledging against opponents(Aussies tactics)
<

I request you to get Bf3 instead of BFBC2

There are hardly any enough people playing Bad Company 2 now, everyone has moved on to Battlefield 3. Get that instead. Bewarned though, Battlefield is different from MW. It takes more than 2 bullets to get a kill, and the maps are much much bigger. And don't worry about hackers. In my 2 years of Bad Company 2, I have seen a hacker twice, and they were promptly banned.

BF BC2 is a much better game in my personal opinion over BF3, but sadly no one play's that anymore, so if you want to enjoy the Battlefield series, the only option you are left with is BF 3, so get that on PC, it's a decent game, very noob friendly and COD-like.

Thanks chirag, jc36lect3r and Aman27deep for your replies

I also watched few videos of BF3 online on youtube and they were awesome

Also the points stated by all of you are correct, I am now planning on buying BF3, BUT ITS 1299 on flipkart, little out of my budget

I will have to play either one of them online first to see if I like the gameplay or not

Also I had few more queries:

Are there Indian servers for BF3?

And what is the average ping on a broadband connection?

I have 1mbps YOU connection, in MW2 it gives between 50-100 actual ping

There are Indian servers but they're mostly empty most of the day and only fill up in the evening.

Can't really answer the ping question, but for me Indian servers are less than 100 most of the time, Singapore /Honk Kong have servers in the 100 ~ 150 range and always have players, some of the European ones are at around 200 and jump higher in between during game play. The rest are 300+.

You shouldn't have trouble finding a good server in BF3.

Also, avoid BFBC2 as there are hardly any people playing it nowadays and as for BF3 buy the LE. Most of the Indian crowd (when they play, that is) is in the B2K server and it totally sucks getting kicked when the B2K maps start.

Thanks devesh and RD274 for your replies

RD274: unfortunately the one available on flipkart is standard edition, but I found this on the Origin site

I will get it some time later after getting BF3

Now I am assuming that you meant Back to Karkand map by B2K

Can you please throw some more light on it

Thanks devesh and RD274 for your replies

RD274: unfortunately the one available on flipkart is standard edition, but I found this on the Origin site

I will get it some time later after getting BF3

Now I am assuming that you meant Back to Karkand map by B2K

Can you please throw some more light on it

The Limited edition comes with B2K and was for around 1499, last year. If you buy the standard edition from Flipkart which you listed above, it'll be 1299 and if you decide to buy B2K later , it'll be 699 extra. Thats why I suggest you ask around in the forum as there maybe a few people who have extra LE copies or know where to get LE copies for the old price of 1499.

B2K is basically a DLC - a pack of maps from BF2 remade for BF3 along with some extra weapons and vehicles. Its quite a good DLC, but the bigger issue is that the Indian BF3 community mostly plays on servers that have B2K maps, which means that if you don't have B2K... you'll be kicked whenever those maps load up.

RD274 again thanks for replying

I considered your point and made few searches around the net and came up with a listing on rediff and on this new site nextworld

I dont how nextworld is, so I think I get it from rediff in 2-3 days time

It isn't available at Nextworld. Rediff does seem to have it so I guess you could get it from them.

If not, go for chiragsthakurs offer. Thats also a really good idea if you don't want a physical copy and don't mind downloading the game.

Back