Calling out Noctua NH-D15 owners! 2 fans vs. 3 fans discussion.

What fan config are you running for your Noctua NH-D15?

• 2 fan default

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 fan (added the extra fan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
What fan config are you running for your Noctua NH-D15?
I was planning to add 3rd fan, but I got some research done and found people getting a 0.5c difference but that is not India. what difference we are getting in India? Do any NH-D15 owners share their review/experience on the same?

Removed the front fan because of poor aesthetics due to memory clearance issues. I've found that having one less exhaust fan than intake fans helped a lot more than two fans on the D15. Like three intakes, two exhaust. Or two intakes and one exhaust. Having an active exhaust fan is essential for hot running processors. Usually two is the sweet spot, one at the rear of the case and one at the top. I've tested this years ago with FX9590 and recently with an X299 system during the summer weeks this year.

For AM4, I had a 5900x that didn't care whether I cooled it with a D15 or a Gammax 400, it was happy either way.

Removed the front fan because of poor aesthetics due to memory clearance issues. I've found that having one less exhaust fan than intake fans helped a lot more than two fans on the D15. Like three intakes, two exhaust. Or two intakes and one exhaust. Having an active exhaust fan is essential for hot running processors. Usually two is the sweet spot, one at the rear of the case and one at the top. I've tested this years ago with FX9590 and recently with an X299 system during the summer weeks this year.

For AM4, I had a 5900x that didn't care whether I cooled it with a D15 or a Gammax 400, it was happy either way.
I already have a 120mm exhaust fan behind the NH-d15. ram clearance is not an issue as it's on top of the ram. ram is non-argb so not a big deal for me.

Back