Graphic Cards Can 9800 GT 512 handle samsung 2033 20"?

I have an XFX 9800 GT 512, Planning to buy Samsung 2033 20"..
And will I be able to play games like COD Modern Warefare 2,Assasins Creed etc at high settings on it?

It should manage to run all current games maxed out but in 4-5 months you are likely to have to lower down settings a bit to get playable performance.

Believe me... it's will easily run all the games at high details... except Crysis (really crappy coding... i believe)

My 8800GT is still going strong on my 22" Dell... and I find no reason to upgrade until DX11 settles in and some nice DX11 titles are out...

shikharkapoor said:
I have an XFX 9800 GT 512, Planning to buy Samsung 2033 20"..
And will I be able to play games like COD Modern Warefare 2,Assasins Creed etc at high settings on it?

except for some games like crysis/GTA4 your GPU has plenty of power.
but,
Would you buy a smaller LCD(low resolution one) if your GFX wont be able to play all the games at highest settings?? :) . Its not a funny question :p

and yes.. why 20" why not a 22", if space is not a problem. Trust me if their is no specific reason for 20" then, you will never regret the extra size of the monitor, even if you had low performance card then the current one.

Absolutely agree. If u can go for a 20", better get a 22" and you will never regret the purchase. The bigger the screen size the better is the experience. Especially movies look awesome and HD gaming is so sharp.

And 9800GT should let u play games at medium to high settings atleast. :)

u can play almost all games max settings(except crysis series)
be it on 20" or on 24"
But it will also depend on which resolution ur playing 9800GT supports
1920x1080 with max setting in COD MW2 but it is not always the case in each and every game for than lower resolution and max settings will always work
Cause 9800GT has less bandwidth than 4870| GTX28X so u cant play games
on the HIGHEST RES+HIGHEST Setting BUT u can play each and every game with LOW RES+Highest setting(AA AF texture Vsync ...)

I have a 9600GT and play all games on full HD.. somewhere I need to compromise on quality but never had to go the low settings, 80% of the current games work at the highest setting at full HD, a few off need to tweak the settings to medium-high...

NeViLLe said:
Believe me... it's will easily run all the games at high details... except Crysis (really crappy coding... i believe)

Not crappy coding, the game engine demands more, but the results are awesome. One of the best looking engines is Cryengine 2. In case of GTA4, yes it's because of crappy coding.

Thanks to ton guys, Kinda relieved :p Brought a new PC just 20 days back and some jackass told me that my card would not perform on a bigger screen..So just thought to take your opinion before buying the new screen..and I'd be more than happy to buy 22" if the games run smooth on it...Suggest a good 22"er then..;) thanks in advance.

Back