Windows Can anyone help me in port forwarding on a SYROTECH SY-GPON-2010-WADONT router?

As the name suggests, i need help with port forwarding on a SYROTECH SY-GPON-2010-WADONT router. Its a router that has inbuilt fiber connection. I am using a usb wifi dongle to connect to this router via wifi. I simply need a port open for connection in torrents (don't ask what i am downloading or uploading)

Things that i have already tried:

1. Gave my desktop a static IP - SUCCESS
2. Changed my NAT type from type 4 to type 2 - SUCCESS
3. Went inside the Advanced NAT type and enabled SIP (no idea what it does. it was disabled by default)
4. Also created a NAT --Virtual Server Configuration for my desktop. And made a custom rule for diverting all external traffic for desktop on port 61239 (this is the port being used on my torrent client).

@enthusiast29 @vaibhavyagnik @nRiTeCh

Attachments

• image_2023-01-05_204506305.png
    image_2023-01-05_204506305.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 542
  • image_2023-01-05_204820278.png
    image_2023-01-05_204820278.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 511
Do post here if you manage to do it. I have a Netlink ONT which seems to have the same hardware + web interface. While all the advanced options are present in the UI, even something as simple as IP address reservation didn't work. Seems except basic features nothing else is implemented in the firmware.

Also, if you are behind a CGNAT, which most ISPs seem to have implemented, you won't be able to port forward. In that case, you need to get a static IP, which will put your router outside the CGNAT and then port forwarding will work.

Can anyone help, please?
Do post here if you manage to do it. I have a Netlink ONT which seems to have the same hardware + web interface. While all the advanced options are present in the UI, even something as simple as IP address reservation didn't work. Seems except basic features nothing else is implemented in the firmware.

Also, if you are behind a CGNAT, which most ISPs seem to have implemented, you won't be able to port forward. In that case, you need to get a static IP, which will put your router outside the CGNAT and then port forwarding will work.

I was able to do a static IP reservation for my desktop. but i was successful till that much only.

And yes most probably i am under a CGNAT. But i am not sure. Earlier i was using a TPlink basic router and never faced any port related issues. With the new fibre router, most ports are closed by default.

Last edited:
With the new fibre router, most ports are closed by default.
Exactly, since one fiber line can cater to a whole lot of users and scarcity of IPv4 addresses, CGNAT is almost necessary.

Here's how you can check if you're behind CGNAT:
  • Login to your router and check what IP address it is assigned for WAN
  • If it is like 100.x.x.x, then you're behind CGNAT
  • To confirm, check your public IP from a site like whatismyip.com
  • If both are different, you're definitely behind CGNAT and port forwarding won't work, in which case you need to apply for a static (public) IP
3. Went inside the Advanced NAT type and enabled SIP (no idea what it does. it was disabled by default)
SIP is for VoIP calling. Some ISPs give "unlimited" usage landline with a fiber connection

Back