Can I buy Micro Sim Online?

I am coming to India next month and I was wondering if I could buy Micro Sim (Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Aircel really don't care) anywhere online? I am pretty sure I won't be able to get them where I live. I looked around at ebay and network carrier's site but couldn't find one there. Is there any other place where I could buy one and get it shipped to my home?

Thanks guys :)

amol_cool

better buy a micro sim cutter instead...

I don't think there's one out there. The one's that is available doesn't actually work that well and many times cut the sim contacts damaging the sim.

So based on your responses it looks like I will have to ask someone to get it for me (or at least have them request it from somewhere). Coz my town is pretty small and last year when I was there they dodn't have nano sims. Micro sim is going to be a whole new story I guess.

Anyways, thanks for the info guys!

Whoever is getting the connection for you can request for a micro sim to the customer service when applying for the connection. The service provider will either give the details of the dealer from whom he can pick up the sim or send one by courier.

Whoever is getting the connection for you can request for a micro sim to the customer service when applying for the connection. The service provider will either give the details of the dealer from whom he can pick up the sim or send one by courier.

Thanks! Didn't know that. I may actually need a micro sim and also a nano sim now. This should be helpful. I should probably ask them to apply for a sim right away so they have it by the time I reach India.

I don't think there's one out there. The one's that is available doesn't actually work that well and many times cut the sim contacts damaging the sim.

So based on your responses it looks like I will have to ask someone to get it for me (or at least have them request it from somewhere). Coz my town is pretty small and last year when I was there they dodn't have nano sims. Micro sim is going to be a whole new story I guess.

Anyways, thanks for the info guys!

I have a microsim cutter which is similar to the below ebay listing. I have used that to cut 2 SIM cards and they work perfectly with iPhone

Standard Regular Micro Sim Card to Nano Sim Card Cut Cutter for iPhone 5 5g 5th | eBay

The problem is Vodafone (and i assume the others), part with micro and nano sims only on postpaid plans.
I tried getting a sim from Vodafone for my ipad, they said they'd give a microsim only with a post-paid connection.
They offered to cut the minisim that I bought.
[Of course, the messed up part was, the minisim didnt work (not a cutting issue)]

The problem is Vodafone (and i assume the others), part with micro and nano sims only on postpaid plans.
I tried getting a sim from Vodafone for my ipad, they said they'd give a microsim only with a post-paid connection.
They offered to cut the minisim that I bought.
[Of course, the messed up part was, the minisim didnt work (not a cutting issue)]

I exchanged an idea prepaid sim with microsim without any problem, the microsim was activated within one day and the original sim was working till idea activated the new microsim, so maybe its only vodafone which needs a postpaid connection.

Back