Camera Can I get DSLR's for good prices from Dubai Duty Free or Germany?

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Hello, I will be traveling to Germany for a couple of weeks and will be in transit through the Dubai airport. I am looking to pick up a DSLR, the Canon 550D or the Nikon 5100. Can anyone tell me if I can pick them up cheaper than from India? If yes, from where?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone ???

^^ Nopes, but you just need to keep checking amazon and other big electronics website. If you want to buy just the body and kit lens, there is not much of a difference in entry level and mid level cameras. The difference starts getting meaningful when you look at Canon 7D or Nikon D7000 onwards series. Usually Amazon has these nice combo deals with the zoom lenses (55-250 IS or 55-250VR etc). Both of the lenses are very good VFM, and makes an attractive combo buy with body+kit lens.

i'd been to dubai airport recently while in transit. the items priced there (on the airport) were pretty expensive. i noted this particularly for cameras and mobile phones and watches. instead you'll find similar prices in india and full warranty too

The prices are more or less the same. Infact some models are expensive in Dubai. I enquired the price of Nikon D3100 a couple of months back and it was dearer by 3 k in Dubai.

Even the Price difference between US and India when it comes to DSLR is not much. For example the 550d is priced at 35k in Amazon and the same is priced at 33k in Letsbuy. However lens and P&S Cameras would be cheaper in US.

Please keep in mind that DSLR cameras from Nikon OR canon do not carry International warranty however the lens comes with 1 yr International warranty.

I would suggest you to buy the DSLR from India and source your Lens and other accessories like camera bag, Filters and memory cards from US.

Back