CPU/Mobo Can I install E-Atx Motherboard in CM 690 Advanced II Cabinet

Hi

I was thinking of upgrading my setup and I was wondering if I can install a E-Atx Motherboard in my existing cabinet CM 690 II Advanced without any modifications. ?

Also can I install a Corsair H80i cooler in the cabinet easily again without modifications ?

Thanks for advising

Doubt it. The specs say ATX. And there's the bottom mounted PSU. Mixed up with XL-ATX.

Last edited:
It depends on the board you're looking at. The width of the motherboard area in the CM 690 II is about 11.9 inches. The E-ATX spec allows for boards upto 13 inches wide, and the stand-off screw mount spacing is different.

However the confusion is because some of these so called "E-ATX" boards are not true E-ATX spec at all - they are around 11 inches wide and follow the conventional ATX stand-off spacing.
Do note that while these boards could fit, they might cover up the cable management cutouts at the edges, and you will need extra long SATA cables at the very least to reroute it through other openings.

Will fit without modifications. As for routing cables you need to measure and check, although an additional 0.5 inch shouldn't pose a problem.

Back