Graphic Cards can i trust ZOTAC brand

Once upon a time, was thinking of their Zotac MAG, but never got proper response from them regarding service.

I preferred Dell over them now.

dr.sankhadeep said:
guys i am planning to get the zotac gtx 480....is the zotac brand reliable...guys help me....plzz give me your opinions...:hap2:

You'll buy a gtx 480 in the Indian Climate (specially Calcutta)? That too Zotac? God help you
GTX 480 touches 96c load in usa & it downclocks after 105c
It'll easily touch 105c load here in my opinion unless you water cool it or point your ac inside the Cabinet
Also the delta fan on gtx 480 is unbearable under load

Power - Temp - Sound - NVIDIA Fermi - GTX 470 - GTX 480 - GTX 480 SLI Review | [H]ard|OCP

i had one zotac 9800gt...there service (Aditya) is good...got new rma piece after 10 days....

& one more thing...u have a very nice gpu now--> 5870

wait for Ati 6 series or wait for more dx11 games....

Udit said:
That too Zotac? God help you

GTX480 aside, have you ever used a Zotac card? had any experiences to be doling out this kind of opinions?

I had a 96GT and my exp with Aditya infotech was flawless. Got a brand new replacement within 2 days.

Exactly i have used 2 Zotac cards over the years and both of them were very good. Especially the 9600GT, and i remember having an issue with the fan and Aditya replaced without a hitch in 5 days. :)

Zotac cards are very good in my opinion.

for keeping the temps of gtx 480 under control i have AC in my room to tame the beast so i am hoping that temp wont reach 100c...moreover i play very few selected games...

i dont care about power consumption as long my clinic is filled with patients:p

@revolution ..u can go to MD computers if u want zotac, i have seen eastern logica selling and supreme computers.....MD computers can bring in any brand if it is available in delhi and mumbai.....

neojjjk said:
u have a very nice gpu now--> 5870

wait for Ati 6 series or wait for more dx11 games....

i know 6 series is around the corner..but i am selling my 5870 locally at a very good price so my investment is not huge thats why i am planning to get a gtx 480.....;)

stalker said:
GTX480 aside, have you ever used a Zotac card? had any experiences to be doling out this kind of opinions?

I had a 96GT and my exp with Aditya infotech was flawless. Got a brand new replacement within 2 days.

I was not talking about support but the need to rma in the first place

I have used Maxforce, Chaintech, GeCube, Sapphire, PNY, Visiontek, EVGA & Gigabyte

Only the crappy Maxforce & Chaintech died

In my opinion a brand which doesn't need support is the best

P.S. Keep your rudeness to yourself & don't talk without knowing anything :)

I am waiting to see how your experience is with the 480, also will it overheat and throttle when you put the AC off.

Its hard to tell from reading reviews how bad or good the 480 really is. It beats the 5870 and it should increase the gap over time as drivers improve. It scales great with OC which means the revised fermi will be pretty kick ass.

So yeah i want to see how this card does in Indian conditions and im sure there are a lot of ppl worried about that as well.

my room in summer gets very hot:no:.. so i keep my ac on during summers...so when i will play games i will surely keep my AC on...:)

i know buying a gtx 480 by selling hd 5870 makes no sense at this moment but new hardware always excites me....:p

Go for it. I would never advise a n00b to go for a 480 over an existing 5870, but for some folks, the latest/best can be irresistible :). And do share your thoughts on the noise levels and heat after you get it.

Zotac IMO is as of now among the best brands in nVidia available locally. The quality is the closest to the eVGA cards i have seen, and the After sales is also pretty good from Aditya. I myself am using a GTX 275 from Zotac. Plus warranty of 5 years is an add-on benefit.

I was not talking about support but the need to rma in the first place

I have used Maxforce, Chaintech, GeCube, Sapphire, PNY, Visiontek, EVGA & Gigabyte

Only the crappy Maxforce & Chaintech died

In my opinion a brand which doesn't need support is the best

There is no brand that doesn't need support. EVGA is famous mainly for their good support, and then for their quality. I still remember people asking to get the brands entire service here in India, not the brand alone. It's all your luck how many times u need to make use of that service. For some, a Palit card may last a lifetime without an issue, for others they may need to RMA 10 times in 6 months. EVGA is not spared of faulty cards also. But with them, the After sales is better than most other brands, and the failure rate is pretty low (AFAIK). Same goes for Zotac. Though i won't say they are the same level as evga, but it's the closest you can get today.

stalker said:

I know that stalker and remember i was quite surprised too when you had told me your tale? :)

Aditya and their ASS at one point of time, esp for ATi cards, was also kind of legendarily notorious. :(

Maybe they improved.

Maybe they were rebuilding their tarnished image when you happened to rma your card (like Seagate was last year handing out bigger capacity disks to all rma cases w.o verification)

etc etc.

"Maybe" they are good now. :p

What i have observed is ASS for distros varies from city to city- there is no uniformity or guarantee of proper service. :no:

Few prime examples of poor service in Mumbai will be Palit/POV/Tirupati, Zebronics/Biostar/Top Notch, Rashi (heard they improved but still dread it and thank God the XFX cards i had seemed well-built), ... :(

But whatever brand, the GTX480 is not a card for Indian climes.

Buying one is definitely out of the question for me for the issues well-known to all.

I wouldn't touch one unless it was a media sample for review or i was an overclocker who had to prove something by posting good numbers.

p.s. (People have had issues with EVGA rma too at times.

But those who followed it up properly did get it sorted though and some benefitted more than they expected)

i have seen kolkatta shops selling zotac cards....so service center is there....afterall phoenix is there to help me out if anything goes wrong ., he is a guy to be trusted upon...:hap2:

Back