PC Peripherals can i use a 400w psu in an old p3 comp

downgamers

Disciple
guys,my comp isnt switching on.
so i want to test my psu (zebronics 400W) but i dont want to test it by shorting pins first,
i have an old p3(733Mhz) pc which still works,so can i test the psu by connecting it to that old pc,is it safe as the old one has just a 200w or something less psu

yes you can use your 400watts PSU on your old system.... there is no harm in doing it.... as long as the motherboard connectors are compatible.. i guess your old p3 should have a 20pin power connector and your 400 watts PSu can handle it...

400Watts rating is nothing but the maximum load that you can connect to that PSU and there is no harm in connecting devices which will take less load from the PSU... its harm only when you connect components which consumes more than 400 watts load

kishore.chander said:
yes you can use your 400watts PSU on your old system.... there is no harm in doing it.... as long as the motherboard connectors are compatible.. i guess your old p3 should have a 20pin power connector and your 400 watts PSu can handle it...

400Watts rating is nothing but the maximum load that you can connect to that PSU and there is no harm in connecting devices which will take less load from the PSU... its harm only when you connect components which consumes more than 400 watts load

thanks for the response

Back