Can someone share their TATA Sky Broadband experience?

utkarsh_17

Disciple
Hey Guys,

I have been using Airtel Fibre for almost 4 years now but have started facing issues now.

Downtime happens quite of often.

I have been chasing them for almost a months now to increase my subscription plan but no response. (Neither from app nor from customer care).

The only other ISP in my society is TATA. If someone has used it please share your experience with regards to downtime, speed consistency and Gaming (ping etc).

I have been using Tata for about 2 years now, overall very positive experience.
There is very little downtime, about once a month for couple of hours on average but you get a message on your registered number that there are issues in the area and will be fixed in couple of hours.

Speed is as advertised, I haven't tested ping as I don't play multiplayer games.

Their coustomer care is also very good, everything gets resolved in 24 hours. My cable got damaged a couple of times and it was fixed the same day once and next day on another occasion. The repair guys gave me their personal number and asked me to contact them directly as they get some sort of penalty if I complaint through their customer care.

I recently tried getting an Act broadband connection as it was cheaper but they took the money and didn't show up for installation so I contacted their customer care and the difference between their customer care and Tata sky's customer care is night and day. But after about 2 weeks I got my money back. Learned my lesson and I am sticking with Tata.

I have been using Tata for about 2 years now, overall very positive experience.
There is very little downtime, about once a month for couple of hours on average but you get a message on your registered number that there are issues in the area and will be fixed in couple of hours.

Speed is as advertised, I haven't tested ping as I don't play multiplayer games.

Their coustomer care is also very good, everything gets resolved in 24 hours. My cable got damaged a couple of times and it was fixed the same day once and next day on another occasion. The repair guys gave me their personal number and asked me to contact them directly as they get some sort of penalty if I complaint through their customer care.

I recently tried getting an Act broadband connection as it was cheaper but they took the money and didn't show up for installation so I contacted their customer care and the difference between their customer care and Tata sky's customer care is night and day. But after about 2 weeks I got my money back. Learned my lesson and I am sticking with Tata.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Overall it looks good. I'll check for reviews regarding gaming. If its good I might change to TATA.

All the people I know have had no issues with Tata Sky Broadband so far. But I am curious about your issue with Airtel Fiber.
Fiber downtime is really rare, are you sure it's XStream fiber and not Airtel's V-Fiber (basically, not fiber but copper VDSL) connection?

As for gaming, Tata Sky Broadband uses CG-NAT (like Jio). The guy told me upfront. That's usually not good for gaming especially for P2P/Coop games.
Airtel at least in my area gives me a public IPv4 address, port forwarding works flawlessly and hosting game servers is really easy with DDNS. That instantly makes Airtel superior than Tata Sky/Jio for me.
I also swapped out Airtel's router with my own WiFi 6 router (much better for gaming) using bridge mode/PPPoE, another thing not possible on Jio/Tata Sky without double NAT.

All the people I know have had no issues with Tata Sky Broadband so far. But I am curious about your issue with Airtel Fiber.
Fiber downtime is really rare, are you sure it's XStream fiber and not Airtel's V-Fiber (basically, not fiber but copper VDSL) connection?

As for gaming, Tata Sky Broadband uses CG-NAT (like Jio). The guy told me upfront. That's usually not good for gaming especially for P2P/Coop games.
Airtel at least in my area gives me a public IPv4 address, port forwarding works flawlessly and hosting game servers is really easy with DDNS. That instantly makes Airtel superior than Tata Sky/Jio for me.
I also swapped out Airtel's router with my own WiFi 6 router (much better for gaming) using bridge mode/PPPoE, another thing not possible on Jio/Tata Sky without double NAT.
Current I am facing 2 major issues with airtel.

1 - Too much downtime. I recently moved to a different society and transferred by existing airtel connection here. There have been a lot of downtimes in this area.

2) Unresponsive customer support. I have been contacting them for almost a months now regarding plan change. Neither their app nor the customer care are able to upgrade the plan.

Couldn't understand the technical details of what you said regarding gaming, but I understand that Airtel is better. I mostly play multiplayer (cs halo valo).

Btw as long as there is no downtime Speed and Ping are solid on airtel.

Back