can we import a laptop from amazon use? anyone tried?

The specs are much better on usa. 630 $ gets me a pretty awesome machine.

upload_2019-5-6_23-41-16.png

yes you can , no issues
It would be duty paid .
The total would include cost , shipping and customs .
Please check the seller though . Never tried any other seller except Amazon though

yes you can , no issues
It would be duty paid .
The total would include cost , shipping and customs .
Please check the seller though . Never tried any other seller except Amazon though
so there is no extra money other than the ones mentioned here in screenshot right ?

OK GUYS PLAN CANCEL. THANKS VICKY FOR THE INFO. So they show the max import fee that can be deducted, if its less they refund it back but if its more we are nor charged. So now its unfeasible.

upload_2019-5-7_12-12-7.png

75~76k. So basically saving 10k if ordering from amazon USA but I doubt HPindia honors international warranty
This i will discover if i need any work done on my Spectre. I've already got a spare battery and any repair guy can put that in when necessary.

My major gripe is what happened to 'Make in India' for laptops ?

Samsung has opened the biggest phone manufacturing plant in India, so what is holding the laptop manufacturers back.

I completely reject the notion that mobile OS can replace a desktop OS.

Why should we import laptops when this country is so called IT capital of the world !!

Last edited:
This i will discover if i need any work done on my Spectre. I've already got a spare battery and any repair guy can put that in when necessary.

My major gripe is what happened to 'Make in India' for laptops ?

Samsung has opened the biggest phone manufacturing plant in India, so what is holding the laptop manufacturers back.

I completely reject the notion that mobile OS can replace a desktop OS.

Why should we import laptops when this country is so called IT capital of the world !!
We don't have processor manufacturing in india and imported processors are taxed highly so its just not worth the effort to move manufacturing to india. unlike phones where the demand is expected to grow for next 5 years.

Back