Other Can you work from a Tab?

Im surprised how these self labelled "tech experts" dont even know there is an app called BTC Mouse and trackpad to add bluetooth mouse support(Jailbreaked). His bickering was that touch input goes so far, but had he used the mouse as well, he would have had a much better experience.

As far as "work" goes, one needs to define work. If web surfing and editing simple documents is work, then tablet can do it just fine. But trying to add multiple layers to an image and playing with thousand plugins in photoshop, one seriously needs that calibre of desktop software.

Finally, ios and android tablets will always be kiddie tablets. If one can get a masculine tablet like a Windows tablet, there is no real big difference from a laptop/desktop . Get an Iconia W4 for 18k, hook it up to a monitor , add Mouse and keyboard and lo , you have a full fledged work machine :D

I think business usage on a tablet is governed by the following factors:
1) network access(wifi,3g/4g , tethering)
2)apps for business, not limited to legacy apps.
3)text entry
4) expansion support: mice,keyboard,pen drives
5) encyption and company policy

In my view it also depends to the particular app you are using and how much a person is comfortable using the virtual keyboard.
Apps like numbers are almost unusable on the iphone but great on the ipad air. The quickoffice spreadsheet on my nexus 7 is not a app that i am crazy about. It is slow, confusing and often counter intuitive.
Coming to text entry..
I dont like solutions like logitech ultrathin becuase it means raising my hand from the keyboard to use the screen. But i like the fact that the whole screen real estate is available to use.i would love something with integrated touchpad and something. Big. And comfortable..
I have suffered a lot in the past 4 months with my windows 8 laptop. I cannot bear to see it on any other of my devices.
Windows 8 tabs do win on all 4 categories i listed , but for me i might as well open my windows notebook and wait while it searches for the wireless signal.

Back