Windows Cannot open and access files

Hi friends,

I have a PC wherein Win10 was installed and I had some folders on my desktop. I though of formatting my C drive and before formatting I cut and pasted the desktop data to my D drive on my PC as I was not going to format it. It was cut and pasted without any problems.

Then I formatted my C drive and this time I installed Win 8.1 instead of Win10. But later when I tried to access the files on my D drive, it is showing error as given below. All the files / folders pasted from C drive turned Green and I am unable to open any type of files even though all data is showing as OK.

Please help.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 100
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 104
  • error3.jpg
    error3.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 100
First of all cut paste from default C drive esp. from within system folders like users/windows/program files etc. should always be avoided and hence such problems.
Always copy the data from such paths.
What you are experiencing is permission issues here, you have to inherit all the permissions for your current users before you are able to access these files.

First of all cut paste from default C drive esp. from within system folders like users/windows/program files etc. should always be avoided and hence such problems.
Always copy the data from such paths.
What you are experiencing is permission issues here, you have to inherit all the permissions for your current users before you are able to access these files.
But sir what can now be done, should i reinstall new win10?

But sir what can now be done, should i reinstall new win10?
I'll tell you shortest but tedious process - prepare Linux Bootable (Ubuntu preferred) and boot into the system and from their copy/paste all the folders which are having/giving errors to another drive/disk.

Back