Canon 500d or Nikon d5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi looking for a used (not more than 2k on shutter count) Canon 500d or Nikon 5000d camera...or any thing in that range :) no p&s please

hi getting a quote of 32k for canon 500d kit (18-55 lens) no warranty and 35k for the same setup+warranty which one should i go for ?

also if anyone from bangalore is interested then i think we can get together this friday and get the prices further down :)

rishabh if u have still not bought anything in about 2 weeks and im still game , we shall talk :) , all the best until then

The 3K for the 2 year warranty is worth it.

But, if you are not an advanced snapper, and won't need the tech advantages of the 500D, you are guaranteed a better experience if you went for a better lens. In my opinion, getting a CAnon 1000D body and spending the rest on a zoom would be best.
I suggest checking dpreview.com to see the specs of the 1000D and 500D, to finalise.
A Sigma 70-300 lens can be had for about 7000. So the bundle will still squeeze into the 30K limit - approx 22000 for the 1000D+18-55.
Or you can get a used 18-200 (that's a 10X zoom) from jjmehta's forum - around 13K. There are Bangalore sellers galore in jjmetha. Then there is also the bangalorephotographyclub forum where a lot of items are on offer. Unfortunately, registering requires manual approval, and for some reason I haven't been approved. Probably cos my username looks like a spambot's job.

i am present at both the sites and have posted a WTB thread there...what i am looking is a DSLR good for a beginner and which is a bit future proof for atleast 2 years...i know camera tech changes everyday and nikon would be launching a new camera soon in league with 550d...but i want some stability and also nikon lacks built-in auto focus (else would have gone to Nikon D5000) also will be spending on lens later this year mainly on macro ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back