Canon A590IS purchase

Decius

Adept
Hi All

I have decided to purchase the Canon A590IS. I checked out the market prices as well as online prices in ebay, Indiaplaza etc. The price difference is quite much between dealer warranty and manufacturer warranty. Is it ok to go with dealer warranty (which i consider as good as no warranty) or shud I pay the extra premium for the official 2 yrs warranty. With dealer warranty the cam costs about 6.7-6.9K whereas with manufacturer warranty it is above 9K, is the extra 2K worth for the warranty??, please suggest.

The link to Ebay and Indiaplaza are:

eBay India: CANON POWERSHOT A590 IS DIGICAM A590IS !taxes included! (item 140285607352 end time 07-Dec-2008 15:41:58 IST)

Electronics - Cameras - Canon Power Shot A590IS - 8MP & 4X Optical Zoom

I have a prior experience of shopping with Indiaplaza but not with Ebay, which one would be more reliable? please suggest on that too
TIA

=CrAzYG33K= said:
I'd like to know more abt dealer warranty as well..
What's the difference really?
basically dealer says, you take this, if something goes wrong, then i repair it and give it to you back.

no company support.

Thanx for the suggestions, I am thinking about the ebay deal now, the seller has told me that the cam carries a SG warranty of 1 year and the box is not a sealed box, wot do u guys think.. deal is decent enough? plus i might use up one of the ebay discount coupons from TE, so another 5-10% discount, gud enuff eh?

Personally I wouldn't buy a camera with dealer warranty, as you can never be sure whether or not it has been used earlier or not. Also with the kind of heavy rough usage my camera's see, it is beneficial for me to buy one with warranty especially considering canon digital camera’s come with two year warranty.

The Canon A590IS is the best camera in the sub 10k range. So I think that when you are purchasing a good item, you also have to get the warranty. There's no point buying such a good camera without warranty.

currently what is the best price for Canon A590IS and Canon SX110 camera. can somebody post the grey market prices and here.

i bought A590IS a month back from CST(Mumbai) - People's camera company.

8.7K with 1 gb card..and 2 years company warranty..

i guess it was a good deal then

not aware of any price fluctuations since..

I think then i would buy the one with official warranty, i guess the extra amount is worth it. Thanks everyone for the suggestions :D

Back