Canon Digital EOS

Waah welcome to the canon club :D

Even I bought the body and lens separate, but couldnt stand getting the lens late. Got the body, and the lens in another 2 hours lol.

I had 450D which i sold recently with 28-200mm lens....... 40D is good one...My friend have one...Kit lens? You better buy Canon 100mm Lens good one for macro....

WoW !!! You got the 40D ! Just get the original 18-55mm IS kit lens for 7k. It should be more than decent for you. You can add the 55-250mm IS lens a bit later.

And of course never forget the 50mm f1.8 lens for 5k :)

touzeen said:
wouldnt body+kit lens option cost less that buying them separatly?

IMHO not with the 40D, it's kit lens is a 28-135mm, which might not be wide enough for most people. The 18-55 IS is a great starter lens for its price.
And of-course add a nifty250 and a nifty50 later to complete the setup.

Got a 50 mm Prime , uv filter and a 4 gig scandisk cf card, today. Next adding a lowerpro bag within this week.

I got the cam for 38.5k , body only, new.

Lens prices has jacked up, it seems hard to find a 18-55 Is for <7k, so i feel i should wait? if anyone has good alternative let me know, meanwhile i have to shoot in ai with the prime only.

Anish the body is really a good one, feels real sturdy, i paid a good 7k more compared to if i had opted for 450D with lens, but it was not available, and that made me choose this, and yes i knew i am making the right decision in the long run.

rutvijt I am from blore.

Good choice with the cam. I just got the 450D last weekend, came with the 18-55 kit lens and i also bought the 55-250mm and a 50mm prime lens. To complete the set i bought 2 UV filters and a sandisk 4gb extreme III card :).

Now i gotta learn to use it all LOL.

cheers.

Guys which screen guard do 40D users use here? normal scratchguard ones? I dont seem to find them as exact fit for a 40D anywhere!

I currently have a Sony DSC-H9 (15x Zoom,8.1MP). I wanna upgrade to DSLR. How much difference would it make in the image quality. Anybody having 450D Cannon for Sale. I would be intrested.

Back