Can't access my Instagram account !

Hi all !
So my phone (P2XL) went for repair (screen wasn't turning on). They did tell me all data will be erased, and that's what happened. Now the phone had Google Authenticator, which was used for multiple app logins, including Instagram.
I tried accessing my IG after the phone came back, and it showed PW error. No worries, changed the PW. Asked me for 2FA. Don't have it, so it asked me to enter recovery codes. It's my fault, but I didn't store them, so went emailed for further help.
They replied back asking for a photo, with a code they mentioned in the email, my full name and my IG username (everything hand written). No worries, wrote everything on a piece of paper, asked wife to click a photo and mailed.
They said they can't verify me based on the photo, asked again, I clicked again and resent.
They said they still can't verify and said they can't help me anymore.
So now I can't login in to my account.
What is the way forward ?

when they asked to send photo and other details, why did they reject you twice when you did ?
Seems you have been locked out for good by them. Is there an appeal process ?

when they asked to send photo and other details, why did they reject you twice when you did ?
Seems you have been locked out for good by them. Is there an appeal process ?
No idea why they rejected.

I wrote everything they asked for on a new sheet of paper, clearly, and got a photo clicked with my face clearly visible. Heck, I am sending them mails from the same account associated with my IG account ! They are not replying to my mails now.

Hi all !
So my phone (P2XL) went for repair (screen wasn't turning on). They did tell me all data will be erased, and that's what happened. Now the phone had Google Authenticator, which was used for multiple app logins, including Instagram.
I tried accessing my IG after the phone came back, and it showed PW error. No worries, changed the PW. Asked me for 2FA. Don't have it, so it asked me to enter recovery codes. It's my fault, but I didn't store them, so went emailed for further help.
They replied back asking for a photo, with a code they mentioned in the email, my full name and my IG username (everything hand written). No worries, wrote everything on a piece of paper, asked wife to click a photo and mailed.
They said they can't verify me based on the photo, asked again, I clicked again and resent.
They said they still can't verify and said they can't help me anymore.
So now I can't login in to my account.
What is the way forward ?
This is major issue with online authentication.... You forget some minute detail and makes a mess to recover same..
(though you know the email address (of authenticated account) and/or mobile number if provided..
Still some vital details are never given access to authenticators..

I will appreciate if you share if you had been able to recover..

In need of help Google
" Instagram India Support "
"Instagram India Help"

Those works and do needful..

This is major issue with online authentication.... You forget some minute detail and makes a mess to recover same..
(though you know the email address (of authenticated account) and/or mobile number if provided..
Still some vital details are never given access to authenticators..

I will appreciate if you share if you had been able to recover..

In need of help Google
" Instagram India Support "
"Instagram India Help"

Those works and do needful..
Those searches lead back to the same FAQs and help sections. No go.
They only support via email.
Every other service lets you recover account via text message, but IG doesn't !

Those searches lead back to the same FAQs and help sections. No go.
They only support via email.
Every other service lets you recover account via text message, but IG doesn't !
I recovered a good amount for a friend with reqular emails and replies for a paytm account..
Paytm account holder, booked tickets for some XYZ relatives, everything worked fine.. with heavy discounts.

But relatives, upon knowing after statement initiated some complaints and referrers account was blocked, with a balance of more then 20K, (tickets were worth more then 35K for few people)

Upon certain email communications, (Appreciate paytm) they returned back 42K in total).

It works and happens, provide all vital details, like in above case, all physical credit card documents, etc. were provided, took over 2 weeks but worked with appreciation from paytm (from being trusted customer i guess)... whatever.

Back