Can't boot Acer laptop from USB with Hiren's Boot Disk 16.2

Pimpom

Disciple
I'm trying to boot my daughter's 3-month-old laptop from USB with Hiren's Boot Disk v16.2 - the one with a Windows 10 theme. The laptop is an Acer Aspire 3 A315-56-323J. It uses an i3-1005G1, 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD. It has only UEFI, no legacy boot option. I've disabled Fast Boot.

Trying to boot with HBD stops at a blue screen that says "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and gives the error code 0xc0000017. The boot disk is EFI enabled and can boot all other computers in the house - 3 desktops and two other laptops.

Any suggestions please? TIA

@Pimpom

The error code is related to an out of synchronization event between the memory manager that is used by the UEFI and the memory manager that is used by the boot loader. If a regular Windows 10 PE environment boots fine on the PC, then the reason could be the buggy implementation on the boot disk or the unusual boot menu structure on the USB version.

On another note, if you really need a handy, frequently updated, and feature-rich custom Windows PE, opt for the one created by Sergei Strelec.

Back